How do you recognise posters?

What's the first thing you look for to identify a poster?

• Title

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signature

• Paragraph formatting

• Greetings and signings at start/end of post

• Other

• Total voters
The Avatar. Which is why it's annoying when I see posters using the default avatars (Case in point: MobBoss's Avatar and other posters using the Great Prophet avatar)

When I start reading a thread I check every participants username first, then avatar. After that I just look at the avatars to know who's who.

I'm a visual kinda guy, so I start the recognising project by that through looking at the avatar.
I then glance up to title and username and then look below that to the postcount. If those match what I expect them to be the "alarmbells" stay off. During avatar-switches or new avatars, title or username changes I'm still quiet able to identify the indivuduals in this way.

If something doesn't add up the "alarmbells" start ringing and a glance at the signature, posting style, location and join-date usually does the trick. If that fails I'll check previous posts and threads started by that person. There my possibilities as a regular member sort of end, but my Mod Superpowers have more identifying possibilities that I can't talk about...

The Avatar. Which is why it's annoying when I see posters using the default avatars (Case in point: MobBoss's Avatar and other posters using the Great Prophet avatar)
Does anyone remember his name? I know that under his Avatar he has not MobBoss, but I just can't remember his name. But it eventually came to me, he is PriestOfDiscord. Obviously it would be good if they swappwed and you saw under MobBoss, not MobBoss. That would be quite funny.
Avatar, which is why the April Fools Day Switch sucks.
No it is not. That is :coool:
First: username
Right after that: Avatar.
That is generally what I do. But sometimes when I see te same avatar it does get confusing with whom it is, Like RegentMan and Batteryacid have the same avatar (the [civ3] longbowman) and it sometimes confuses me.

And if I see a moderator, I will check the dungeon to see if they have any hanging up there.

Usernames for me.

Alot of people have memorable avatars but they get changed too often.

Top Bottom