How Healthy Are You?

How Healthy Are You?

• Total voters

Zelig

Beep Boop
How healthy are you?

0 - You don't eat any fresh vegetables. You sleep erratically and irregular amounts. You take drugs to excess. (For this purpose, assume excess alcohol is anything putting you over a BAC of 0.08.) You don't exercise. Your daily activities are mostly sedentary.

5 - You eat no processed food or refined sugars. You get regular full nights of sleep. You don't take any drugs to excess. You get a minimum of an hour of mixed cardio and weight-bearing exercise per day. You minimize sedentary activity.

Note on scale: You could be significantly less healthy than 0 on this scale, but it would result in a severely shortened lifespan, and I don't expect anyone on this forum to be addicted to black tar heroin or on a diet cola and lettuce diet.

I'd be surprised if I would categorize anyone here as a 0 or 5.

Where do you think you fall? How much effort to you put into being healthy? What motivates you? Do you plan on changing in the future?

I'd say a 2.

I don't exercise enough as I should.

I eat crap, but I also eat good stuff like vegetables and fruits along with it.

I don't do drugs nor do I drink.

And my sleep schedule isn't the best in the world, it's not super erratic, but I usually don't get enough sleep during the school-week.

EDIT: As for the future, once I'm off to cawlej and I have a bit more time on my hands schedule wise, I plan to exercise more regularly, and possibly eat less crap.

Honestly? 1 or 2, probably a 1. I don't get much exercise beyond walking my doggie. Weight bounces around between 240-250. I smoke a bit less than a pack a day of camel filters, but I rarely drink. That said, whenever I give blood, my heart rate, blood pressure, and cholesterol count are all pretty awesome considering my inactivity, smoking, and weight. Got an awesome ticker, I guess.

Gonna vote 1.

Erm, based on your scale I'm a 3-4.

In reality's scale I'm a -100.

2 - Eat vegetables occassionally. Not enough sleep, but not by much. Don't take any intoxicating substances. Don't exercise. Do a bit of walking to work.

Other than walking a bit more, physical activity can sod off.

Good:
I get about 45-60 minutes of cardio +weights in every day.
I eat vegetables every day.

Bad:
the weed
the munchies
too much salt
Insomniac

So I give myself a 2.

Around a 2 I think. During the summer, I'd say I'm a 3.5. This summer, I'll be close to a 4.

Between planning a wedding and getting some new responsibilities at work, my time for working out has decreased, my crappy eating has increased, my sleep decreased, and my stress level has gone WAY up. I've been sick twice over the past 2 months, and that's pretty unusual for me.

Mrs.DT is a major "foodie" though, and I've already lost 4 pounds after mostly eating her cooking...so I think once all my planning responsibilities are over, and its warm enough to run all the time, I'll be fine. If this doesn't kill me first.

2 - Eat vegetables occassionally. Not enough sleep, but not by much. Don't take any intoxicating substances. Don't exercise. Do a bit of walking to work.

Other than walking a bit more, physical activity can sod off.

Physical activity and meditating is good for the noggin. Great ideas come during those off times.

I guess it's probably a one. I sometimes eat fruits and vegetables, I don't drink any alcohol and most of the time I drink water. Other than that I don't do anything healthy.

The only exercise I do is walk the dog when I can, which ends up being about three or four times a day, and whenever I play a motion control game on the Wii. I probably sleep too much, I try to go to bed early but for some reason I can't sleep even when lying in bed until the early hours of the morning, and feel tired almost all the time. I don't know what to do to change and I feel too miserable to do anything.

I'd say a 2.

I'm really supposed to get 9 to 9.5 hours of sleep a night, I get about 7 on a weekday. Not really my fault. I don't stay up super late. I just can't fall asleep before 11 or so. And I have to get up at 6.

I do catch up some on weekends, but I'm not quite a midnight to noon sleeper on weekends, more like a midnight to 9 or 10 sleeper (closer to 10 on a saturday, 9 on a sunday) so still not a total catch up.

I walk about a mile and a half home from school when the weather is nice, and I put forth a little effort in phys-ed, but otherwise am outside most of the time.

My diet is varied from OK to bad. I don't go out of my way to eat fruit, but I occasionally (Not every day) eat it just because I feel like it. Don't hate vegetables, but don't eat them too often.

I do eat breakfast daily (Generally, I actually didn't today) but I often don't eat lunch until 3 in the afternoon (I don't have a lunch period and while I could eat in a class I often don't feel like it) so that's probably midly unhealthy.

And my diet probably isn't the healthiest. And I drink a huge soda from 7-11 once a week or so.

2/5

EDIT: As for the future, once I'm off to cawlej and I have a bit more time on my hands schedule wise, I plan to exercise more regularly, and possibly eat less crap.

Don't college people usually have less free time than high-school students? (Especially seniors, who rarely do anything;))

Physical activity and meditating is good for the noggin. Great ideas come during those off times.

I prefer pacing around when thinking for that. Besides, life has made it abundantly clear that any exertion more strenuous than walking on a level surface is off-limits to me.

Definitely a 2, although that's more because I'm averaging 3 (physical activity, drug consumption) and 1 (sleep habits, diet).

3 , possibly moving closer to a 4 .

Positives

Surfing , really my savior excercise-wise , but what an awesome savior . My true love
Fairly good "natural fitness"
Non smoker for over 3 months after beating a 20 year pack a day habit
Golf

Negatives

Alcohol . Easily my worst vice . Probably borderline alcoholic and my tolerance being so high and thus not really getting "drunk" is why I start the sentence with the very iffy "probably borderline"
Junk food . It's not that I dislike healthy food , I just love food . After a few drinks I could not be bothered cooking something healthy and resort to crap .
History of heart disease in the family.
"easily tempted" in other , non healthy, recreational matters so to speak . I used to be a lot worse

I'm probably in the 3 neighborhood from the loads of walking I get around campus, on top of the running I do for exercise. Since my classes this semester are all a lot later than last semester, and the fact that I go to bed at a relatively reasonable time for a university student (12am - 1am), I get loads of sleep. I try to eat relatively balanced at the dining halls, but I've found out that I do eat less here than at home, which I guess is good.

But there's always my weakness:

Rum.

I don't smoke or do any drugs. I rarely drink alcohol.

I'm pretty much inactive besides walking dog, and sometimes a long walk by myself. Some stretching here and there. My sleeping schedule is not the best. I do eat some vegetables in my diet but not always.

I guess a 2. Sadly maybe even a 1.

Don't college people usually have less free time than high-school students? (Especially seniors, who rarely do anything;))

Nah, without the whole going to school for 8 hours a thing day, I'm thinking my schedule should be relatively free :)

Nah, without the whole going to school for 8 hours a thing day, I'm thinking my schedule should be relatively free :)

It's really 8 where yu live? It's only seven for me, and that's with a completely full day, plus slightly longer since I attend PM BOCES. Its normally only a 6 hour 45 minute day.

How many hours do you expect to have in college? Also, you'll probably want to work part-time, unless you do already.

You will rarely be in a classroom more than 4 hours a day for undergrad, unless you are terrible at scheduling.

Top Bottom