[LP] How to force Steam to acknowledge that you have all the DLCs

I am so addicted to this game that I would buy it for nearly ANY price (if I did not already have all game contents.)
BUT: They will not see ONE CENT from me before they at least confess that their previous promise (free leader pass for people who own all the DLCs) was false.
But it wasn't.

Blame Steam, not Firaxis.

I was upgraded my Anthology for free, just as they promised.

Ok, I did the "buy a chess game" thing and sure it seems to have worked. I can't help feeling a little bit bad for the creator of the chess game (yes I was that cheap, I refunded it).

edit: ... and now I should probably tell the support that I did that.

But it wasn't.

Blame Steam, not Firaxis.

I was upgraded my Anthology for free, just as they promised.
You keep saying that it's a Steam problem, but you don't know that. Players on the Epic store were having a similar problem... how is that a Steam problem?

In my (admittedly limited) experience as a developer for a game on Steam, I can tell you that Steam doesn't involve itself at all in product launches... they expose the API, and it's up to the developer/publisher to make it work. If Steam isn't recognizing that you've bought the right prerequisites, then the most likely cause is that Firaxis/2K didn't code up the logic properly. If Firaxis/2K is making promises that aren't supported by Steam's functionality, then that's Firaxis/2K's problem, not Steam's. Even though Firaxis/2K is a AAA developer, I think it's extremely unlikely that Steam promised them some special custom functionality for such a minor release as this freebee.

Unless you have some special inside knowledge that the rest of us don't have, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop projecting your assumptions as if they were fact.

Well, steam let me pass through the purchase and I ended with a full charge for the leader pass. :( I should have waited.

It worked for me too. I was trying to get the Anthology version for the past day and it kept giving me errors. Initially I thought it was due to heavy traffic and I kept trying off and on for the past day. With the browser and the app. Then I went ahead and bought some random thing for .65 cents and was finally able to do it. I would have kept the 65 cent game but it said that it wasn't available to be installed at this time, despite being released 4 years ago. So even if I did intend on playing it some day, apparently there was nothing to install anyway, so I asked for a refund.

I am no Steam expert so I have to ask: Why should they refund money when you bought a computer game on purpose? Does Steam really do that?

I am no Steam expert so I have to ask: Why should they refund money when you bought a computer game on purpose? Does Steam really do that?
Actually Steam are pretty good with refunds.

One time I got a free code for HUMANKIND DLC (I think it was the cultures of Latin America) which I had already purchased, Steam refunded me.
(It may not have been the full amount. I think there is a admin charge).

So people looking to refund the $0.89 chess game prolly won't get more than $0.50 back I imagine. IDK 🤷‍♂️

But I'm sure Steam will refund the ~$20 Leader Pass. Especially if you mention the "fiasco".

Well in my case, it looked like the thing I bought for .65 was never actually released. It actually says "Coming August 18, 2018" but it looks like it was never actually released. So I paid for something that didn't exist. So I think that does count as a reason to ask for a refund. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered asking for one.

I don't know if this is answered already but this is for those who's great negotiator pack is listed at $0? Anyone has one listed at $20? I have all the dlcs and for some reason is listed at $20. Am I missing something or should I wait for them to resolve this? I would like to get it free when I have all the dlcs listed in the anthology.

I don't know if this is answered already but this is for those who's great negotiator pack is listed at $0? Anyone has one listed at $20? I have all the dlcs and for some reason is listed at $20. Am I missing something or should I wait for them to resolve this? I would like to get it free when I have all the dlcs listed in the anthology.
The Leader Pass (or Greater Negotiators pack) is not listed at $0 for many of us (€19.99 in my case). What you’ll should find listed at 0.— :commerce: Is the Civilization Anthology pack. Buying that pack is what, with this workaround, provides you With the Leaders Pack Automatically.

I posted a screenshot here. I believe that's what it looks like for everybody in the same situation.

You keep saying that it's a Steam problem, but you don't know that. Players on the Epic store were having a similar problem... how is that a Steam problem?

In my (admittedly limited) experience as a developer for a game on Steam, I can tell you that Steam doesn't involve itself at all in product launches... they expose the API, and it's up to the developer/publisher to make it work. If Steam isn't recognizing that you've bought the right prerequisites, then the most likely cause is that Firaxis/2K didn't code up the logic properly. If Firaxis/2K is making promises that aren't supported by Steam's functionality, then that's Firaxis/2K's problem, not Steam's. Even though Firaxis/2K is a AAA developer, I think it's extremely unlikely that Steam promised them some special custom functionality for such a minor release as this freebee.

Unless you have some special inside knowledge that the rest of us don't have, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop projecting your assumptions as if they were fact.
Firaxis makes the game, their responsibility is to have a build ready for the release, they did. They made one error by pushing the wrong one to the main branch and they quickly rectified it.

Yet they are still being blamed by virtually everyone and everyone's in uproar how they are scamming people where none of that is a fact.

Blame the distributors for how janky and blame 2K at best for the fact that they didn't prepare properly.

I tried to buy the $0.0 Anthology but an error message poppe up saying "there was a problem adding this product to your account" Any idea what I can do to add it?

Attachments

• Anthology Add.PNG
    Anthology Add.PNG
    103.4 KB · Views: 26
Firaxis makes the game, their responsibility is to have a build ready for the release, they did. They made one error by pushing the wrong one to the main branch and they quickly rectified it.

Yet they are still being blamed by virtually everyone and everyone's in uproar how they are scamming people where none of that is a fact.

Blame the distributors for how janky and blame 2K at best for the fact that they didn't prepare properly.

Completely agree, but that doesn't mean it's a Steam problem either. Fact is, we don't know. I'm still just going to wait a while longer, because FXS promised they would get it to us, and I want to see them admit fault, or fix it, or both. If they tell me it's a Steam issue and we need to use the workaround, fine, but until then I'm just trusting in their word that they are trying to make it happen, and letting them try.
Regardless of who is at fault here, we were communicated this through Firaxis' official channel (the Civilization website), so in my opinion the buck stops there.

Top Bottom