Hull Ship July 13th, 2009

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
This is a Special Unit for use to Upgrade to Other Large Ships... called a Hull Ship.
It is intended to be Immobile and sit until Upgraded so the SW and SE Directions are the Only Directions for the Unit.
No Run Flc as it is Immobile and the Only reason it has a death Animation is because it can be destroyed.
This Unit should be given an Attack and Defense so the AI will Upgrade it to the Ship of your Choice.

The Default is used for the Attacked and Fidget.

This Unit was made from the CIV III Battleship that I Remade into a Hull. It has Civ Specific Colors and I made sounds to go with the few Flcs.

Included Files:
HullShipDefault.flc-SW and SE Directions Only.
HullShipFortify.flc-SW and SE Directions Only.
HullShipDeath- SW and SE Directions Only.
Attacked and Fidget use the HullShipDefault.flc.

HullShip_Civ specific Colored units_32
HullShip Large and Small pcx files
HullShipAttacked.wav, HullShipFortify.wav and HullShipDeath.wav.
Adjusted .ini file

Very Simple Unit but perhaps it can serve those who need such a Unit in their Games :)

You can get the File here

Preview is the Default and Death:

Last edited:
Ah ever the Gentleman :) now sharing the toys as well as the concept.

When I return in August methinks I'm going to make a major league push for us all to populate the Modiki (sayeth the self-appointed Archivist). This excellent creative work of yours should IMHO most definitely have an entry.

Best Wishes,

Oz

OZ... you are such the Gentleman... This is By far a simple thing that I merely made to help out some others who wanted a better unit than they had for this purpose.

...A Much Better Unit can be made in Poser for example with a Good Model :)
I just did not have a Good Model or time to make one for this simple Unit Now.

That's a real novel idea. :goodjob: This will definately fit into WWII scenarios and the like. Thanks! :D

Badkharma... I suppose a wooden Hull Ship would be needed for Early Ships.
CCM had a need for a Modern Hull Ship that Upgrades to a Carrier. El Justo said AoI could also use a Hull Unit.

What would the Best Size for a Wooden Hull Ship be?

Very nice idea and execution.:):goodjob:

Vuldacon, thank you very much for doing this unit. :thanx: It´s much better than the old unit. :)

When I return in August methinks I'm going to make a major league push for us all to populate the Modiki (sayeth the self-appointed Archivist).
hopefully by then I'll also have a couple of articles fully realized, so people can see what's possible. Then we can get Vuldacon to give us some raw material to whip into shape.

Vuldacon
Thanks Good work! :goodjob:

small request,
the unit could be a little smaller?
about 200x200 :D

With best wish

Wotan49

Attachments

• Hull.jpg
    Hull.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 136
Some questions:
1) If use this unit as upgradeable hull - so will it be produced in city or upgraded from another ship?
So be it. And, on some tech. And next smewhat tech - and we can upgrade this hull into new ship - good idea! But if I had some old ship and tech more "modern" than this hull unit, then my old ships will upgrade direct in new ship, ignoring hull =( Any chance to avoid that?
2) I use this hull as a "slave" unit attached to my battleships Enslaving option. So when I sink enemy ship, there is a chance that I will recieve a unit called "damaged ship hull" =)
Is there any chance to point what enemy ships/units can be "enslaved" or no?

2) I use this hull as a "slave" unit attached to my battleships Enslaving option. So when I sink enemy ship, there is a chance that I will recieve a unit called "damaged ship hull" =)
Is there any chance to point what enemy ships/units can be "enslaved" or no?

2) No ! It can not be set ,sadly. :sad: With every direct attack (unit vs unit) you have a chance of enslaving. So it looks strange if you attack a small submarine and generate a giant hull like this.

So it looks strange if you attack a small submarine and generate a giant hull like this.

Or Anciet wooden galley :)

Maybe trick like that:
After battle, when you enslave some enemy wreckage ship (cruelly damaged hship hull), it should be not just immobile but pickup-able by some special sea transport (utility Tug Boat :) ) to bring him to your ship plants for repair&upgrade.

Maybe try some trick with load\unload ships and some kind of tactical missiles?

Or Anciet wooden galley :)

Maybe trick like that:
After battle, when you enslave some enemy wreckage ship (cruelly damaged hship hull), it should be not just immobile but pickup-able by some special sea transport (utility Tug Boat :) ) to bring him to your ship plants for repair&upgrade.

That means that the enslaved result would must be flaged as `Princess`. But princess is a land unit - so it can`t be picked up/generated on water ,I think.
... but for real I`ve never tried to flag the Princess as sea unit. Maybe it works. :crazyeye:

HINT :
The best usage for "enslaving on sea" is still to give that ability to Pirate ships. ;)

In my upgrade of Napoleonic Wars (Napoleonic Wars II - Global ) am currently using the Black Corsair as a prize ship. It looks like a ship that has just lost a battle. I have created a prize ship for each ship in the game, ie the Galleon enslaves as a Prize Galleon and upgrades to a Galleon, the Frigate enslaves as a Prize Frigate and upgrades to a frigate and so on. I like the idea of Vuldacon's Hull ship and I think this would be a good intermediate upgrade and would be more realistic in an epic game like the one I'm creating. So if a wooden model could be created I wood (pun intended) definitely use it.

Top Bottom