Hummer Avenger v2.0 (June 21, 2005)

Bjornlo said:
And yet, I still seem to have answered your question without having played C&C. Knowing how the laser is used in C&C hasn't got anything to do with how it could be used in Civ.
You asked if I could add a laser. I said, I could but didn't see the point.
If you want a laser shooting jeep (for ground attacks), I might be willing to do that once I get my computer completely back together and caught up on a few other things I'm working on.

That sounds eirely familiar :lol:

Just a quick FYI:
Vuldacon thinks some of the hummer animations run too slow, and sent me one or more sample(s) of my FLCs where he adjusted the speed to what he thought would work better.
At present I have no means to examine his comments and suggestions, since I do not have my computer together yet.
I didn't notice this in my play testing, but I will examine his files sometime this weekend. I have two computers in various states of dissassembly. Right now I am working mainly on data recovery from the raid failure. I will have one or both of these machines back online soon. Since editing the speeds is so simple, I will definately examine Vuldacons suggestions. If any of the rest of you also noticed this or other issues, I will consider them. Just post here (publicly), send me a PM or email.
I'm not planning on re-rendering this unit for a while. This takes several hours, and I have alot of people waiting patiently on me to keep other promised units. But, simple fixes... like "the sound file is too loud", not loud enough, too long, too short, the animation takes too long, is too fast, and so on are the kinds of things I would be hoping to consider. I would really like to move on to the next unit, so please be precise if you want any minor tweaks.

Thanks again to everyone for all the kind words and encouragement. (both public and private).

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it. The original was not HORRIBLE, but it had some mistakes. Primarily it was just too large.
In looking at my unit in game some more, I think Vuldacon is right about the animation speed of the fidget and fortify being too slow.
I will take a closer look this weekend. My computer is back together. I just have had a very hectic week at work, and have not had the time to make these tweaks.
Should I decide to tweak a few of the FLC's speed, I will post them seperate so the 100's of downloaders will not have to re-download the whole thing. I will also replace the orignal file, so new downloaders need only download a single file.
I am not anticipating doing anything more then tweaking the frame rates.

What happened to GID's site? oh oh.

Could you upload the whole unit? The link in page one contains only the update (attack and fortify animations). Default, run, etc. are missing

Doh! I'll post it tomorrow. Sorry I missed this request when it was posted.

Top Bottom