i just, i mean . . . YAAAAAAAAGH

nihil8r

space . . . madness
1864 ad. Monarch. Berlin's culture rating is a whopping 126 and accumulated culture is 19086.

Russia has built 9 parts of the spaceship and has started on the last part. I'm not concerned though. I have about 20 armor, 6 panzer armies, and ten mechs parked right next to their space agency. We have a right of passage, you see. And I have no intention of violating it . . . I simply am going to continuously run spy missions until they declare war on me.

Hey, we stole Superconductor. Sweet! Ah, finally Catherine got mad enough at all my failed spy missions to declare war. Here we go ... wow it's hard to take a town with civil defense. Finally, its mine!

Wait ... where's the message saying that I destroyed the Russian spaceship? Uh ... wtf?

No seriously computer ... wtf?

Uh ... what's going on, civ game ... Russia no longer has an Apollo Program small wonder because I just destroyed it. That means they no longer have a spaceship either!

I think back and realize that other times when I have destroyed spaceships, I have taken capitals. Well that's because the computer usually builds its space program in its most productive city which is its capital.

But ... clearly its not working here. Does that mean I have to destroy the capital to destroy the spaceship even though I already destroyed the Apollo Program small wonder making it impossible for them to have a spaceship?

So instead of FINALLY getting in the Hall of Fame with a DOMINATING 20K victory I get a 4058 Space Race (Lost).

**** this bull**** game and all of its rapacious double-standard cheating. And I also want you guys to know that I didn't put those asterisks in, the autofilter did.

Originally posted by nihil8r
Does that mean I have to destroy the capital to destroy the spaceship even though I already destroyed the Apollo Program small wonder making it impossible for them to have a spaceship?
The completion of the Apollo Program lets a civ start construction on the spaceship, much as the Manhattan Project allows the construction of nukes. In neither case does losing the wonder cause loss of ability. All you have to do is complete the wonder, you don't have to keep it.

So yes, you have to hit the capitol.

**** this bull**** game and all of its rapacious double-standard cheating.
The AI is a program, it can't cheat.

if my wall street was captured, i'd lose my bonus 50gpt. if my military academy was captured, i'd lose my ability to build armies.

The AI is a program, it can't cheat.

don't you understand? once Apollo Program is destroyed, there's no reason for me to lose the game.

if my wall street was captured, i'd lose my bonus 50gpt. if my military academy was captured, i'd lose my ability to build armies.
You're comparing apples and oranges. If you lose the Theory of Evolution you don't lose the two free techs you get.

think of it this way Apollo and Manhattan are knowledge wonders Knowledge once gained can not be lost. Wall Street and Military academy are action wonders which are actively producing things destroy them you lose capability. After in the RL it has been 58 years since the Manhattan Project ended in the US so it no longer exists but the knowledge gained from it still allows the US to build nuclear weapons

then if that is the logic, there is no logic to destroying the spaceship when you capture the capitol at the time the Apollo Program is built.

face it - the designers are idiots.

then if that is the logic, there is no logic to destroying the spaceship when you capture the capitol at the time the Apollo Program is built.
The ability to sack the capitol was included for balance in gameplay, so that you can stop someone else's ship. And why not the capitol? It is after all just that, the capitol. If Washington DC were being invaded, do you honestly think NASA would be working on the shuttles at the time? If Moscow were invaded, would the ISS be getting regular Soyuz visits? The engineers, personnel, resources and money would be allocated elsewhere during a time of crisis.

I'm more supportive of authenticism in Civ than I am realism, since it usually allows for better gameplay and creative freedom. However, in this case I think they made the situation fairly realistic...

face it - the designers are idiots.
Then I must be a true ****** for using thousands of hours enjoying the product of their idiocy.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by superslug
Then I must be a true ****** for using thousands of hours enjoying the product of their idiocy.:rolleyes:

Me too... :p

Top Bottom