Idea for passive training for units

Dr Abominate

Chieftain
The idea is to create a mod that would allow you to passively gain experience for land, sea and air units:wallbash:

For land units, the training ground would be an improvement

For the Navy - sea fort/naval academy

For air units -training airfield/flying school

A unit stationing on this upgrade would receive, for example, 1xp/turn, with the possibility of increasing the amount by selecting the appropriate civic tre of laws and ideologies

There would also have to be a limit to the number of such buildings per empire. For example, one building would have to exist for every 3 player's cities

In addition, due to the fact that over time, units will get more and more experience right after their creation, thanks to e.g. Baracks,the need is to think about how to balance it properly:confused:

And then there's the question of the models of each of the 3 upgrades, and the appropriate technologies, after which unlocking, the construction would be possible

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to design something like this, but maybe someone else would like to take it in their free time:badcomp:

Let me know what you think about this idea:queen:

Hmm, or maybe all units could spawn without experience, and you would be allowed to make special improvements like "training grounds" on some city tiles, where units would get experience, and barracks and other would
just set the maximum experience, you could get in this way :)?
Max xp cap could be bigger, since it would take long time, and you wouldn't be able to train all units at the same time, let say 2 per city?
This way, you would have to actively work towards experience of all units, and you would benefit from prioritizing them..
But, i mean, ideas are nice, but as fare i know, there is a problem, of how design AI to handle it correctly, and im not sure if this is such a trivial case..

There is a mod that used this concept as 4UU

UI: Katoikia (DJS Henninger's Oriental Fort)
+100% :c5strength: Defense for unit on tile
Improves Strategic Resources
Claims Adjacent tiles on Construction
3:c5production:3:c5culture:
+1:c5production: +1:c5culture: and +1:c5science: at Steel
+3:c5science: at Chemistry
+2:c5production: and +2:c5culture: at Replaceable Parts
+2:c5production: and +2:c5culture: at Military Science
+2:c5science: at Mobile Tactics
+2:c5science: at Stealth
Units Stationed in a Katoikia gain +4 XP every turn during :c5goldenage: Golden Ages.

Top Bottom