Ideas and Development--Story NES

Symphony mentioned in the alt his thread about an ice belt on a planet that's tilted too much. Can we use that world instead, and have two "teams" writing on separate side of the equator? It's also really interesting because it's almost space time, aka about the time when they can overcome the icebelt obstacle and see that there's another side to their world!

It was an interesting idea. I don't know if I'm so attracted to it as of yet. After all, with subs, traveling *under* the ice could make contact as early as 1920s our world, if they were really determined.

IMHO its a nice experiment in theory, but personally at least I'd rather preffer it to be something more conventional and Earth-like.

EDIT: Speaking of submarines, reminds me of the Sarraksh world I mentioned there, especially the Insular Empire. Really like the concept of an armade of huge submarines for some reason...

YEar 2050-70! Dynostopian scenariO!

Cleric: Do you mean a dystopia?

In any case, if our corrupt monolithic empire is evil enough, they could deliberately create dystopia.

All: I guess I'll work on a random map, then, and outline the basic prehistory, post it for all to see and comment upon, then let das do the rest of the history, if he wants, though of course I and many others would be willing to help with that.

Do you mean "dystopian" or do you really want hordes of evil dinosaurs running loose?

I would help with the history, i like that kind of thing. And NK, quirk away, an can't be anyworse than my map.

It really not far to you guys if you have to do all the work.

Attachments

• ww.JPG
    ww.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 49
Yea yea I was thinking global plagues, earthquakes, destruction of the middle class, martial law, chaos.....

Plagues and earthquakes is a bit too far gone, but the rest is pretty much assured, if not from the start. ;)

That's why me say 2050ish.

Why do you want plagues anyway? Sure, they kill people, but they also make warfare more difficult and generally slow things down.

No I just meant that the plagues devastate humanity a little bit. You know, kill a couple of million people, crash a few economies and so on. But that would all happen before we started the game.

Get things started, get the ball rolling, get the map up. I wanna write some history.

Now onto some questions: Since this NES will actually be all stories, Will we be playing as a single person, and will everyone be on the same timeline, like if i skip ahead 5 years in a stor, does everyone els have to too?

kill a couple of million people

Look, this can be as easily done with good old-fashioned genocide, and its much more fun that way. As for economy, what's wrong with a stock market crash?

Very good question about time Swiss, there have been several ideas on that in this kind of NESes, but none of them seem to have worked. I'd suggest that a RL week be considered an in-game month unless we decide to jump forward or slow down or something.

But can you commit genocide on a global scale? I think not.

Top Bottom