Ideas and Development--Story NES

Yes I can! :p Anyway, it will all come in time even without the plagues. With you and silver its quite assured. ;)

Anyway would we be writing about nation leaders or anything we wish?

If we go with the one-state ideas, I think it will be for the various people/factions within the empire - you know, rebel leaders, generals, ministers, Free Mason impersonators, and so forth. At least that's what I had in mind originally.

I think a month is too slow. If we made 1 week=1year That works better.

We could allow(god, that gave me a power trip) Everyone to work within there own timeframe within that year, but if someone does something in Novemeber that would effect your story in December, and they put their story first, you have to include it.

A Honor Code is whats going to have to be injected into the game, no omnipotent characters, no being a doodoo head. I think this will only work if the NESers involved, all of them, actually want it to work.

And 1 year can be too fast at times, for instance if we actually write something. ;)

das said:
If we go with the one-state ideas, I think it will be for the various people/factions within the empire - you know, rebel leaders, generals, ministers, Free Mason impersonators, and so forth. At least that's what I had in mind originally.
Eww. not one state, i thought there was going to be 1 really big state and a few small ones. Like some Hegemonic powers, and then a Switzerland, a Japan here or there.

I was imagining in OTL terms, like someone controlling all of Eurasia, and Someone controlling the Americas, and those two empires decaying and splitting.. But Earth doesn't lend itself well to that kind of thing, which is why i support an independent history, and a random map.

I was thinking with the history thing, those who wish to write, could take say a continent, or a region, and write about that until we reach the point were its like the OTL 1600's where people are getting in touch with other cultures on a bigger scale, and then we would have to either pick Das as the super historian, or all collaberate.

I was thinking about unique superpowered freak style of warfare or something......collapsing illumined ones being taken over by the velicansthveni dvanaest!

Swissempire said:
I was imagining in OTL terms, like someone controlling all of Eurasia, and Someone controlling the Americas, and those two empires decaying and splitting.. But Earth doesn't lend itself well to that kind of thing, which is why i support an independent history, and a random map.
You know, that old DNES map does... ;)

das said:
And 1 year can be too fast at times, for instance if we actually write something. ;)
What about 6 months then? I think 1 month is to slow for a week. If we did it for a whole year, it would be only 4 years game time, were as 6 months would allow 26 years, which is enough time for Characters and Empires to rise and fall and die, and new people to take their places. Then if we did that, a month would be enough for a conspiracy to take place.

I like the one-state idea, as well as the going up to modern times and than we start the whole thing. For some reason it reminds me of 1984. Also think 1 month = 1 week is a good time span.

Well, that was the general idea - one large empire, and several upstart states that are waiting for it to roll over. But the idea was that (most of us) would be within that large state, playing for one or another side.

Anyway, this is quite confusing so lets wait for NK to say what does he have in mind regarding the history.

I rather had the idea of operating around the world, a group of some kind....subtly and slightly affecting world affairs.

Well, who's to stop you?

If it's a modern times crumbling empire.....noone! I will take upon the mantle of Evil Genius! I will blow up the world unless you pay me *woosh* ONE MILLION DOLLARS! *dun dun dun*

As I doubt that dollars exist in this world, we have no choice but to just attack you with all the resources of the empire despite the obvious catastrophe that this sort of a concentration will inevitably cause. Now where's NK?

Here. Amazing World Cup game between Spain and France.

Anyway, from what I've been thinking, the geography of this world encourages one world power, and probably two to three medium sized powers--but the medium sized powers couldn't really challenge the world power even if they all banded together. So they have to rely on the world power's collapse. Which is coming.

I would say 1 week=1 month might be a bit slow, in some cases. I'd go 1 week=3 months, like Thom suggested. A season.

I like. Compromise is good.

Acceptable, but where's the map?

And how will the history be written. I.E. Will culture groups be defined, should we leave the whole thing to Das...

Top Bottom