Impi between rock and hard place

Nelsonius

Chieftain
Upgrade this poor wounded guy or fortify (let die)? Rifle has 34 strength but 410 gold and even then might not make it. He has all three special promos for +30% against ranged but little else. I'd like to keep him now that the special pre-gunpowder promos are history.

http://imgur.com/7FmkhzF

A nice set of promotions, yeah! Havent played with zulus yet actually.

What map script is that by the way`?

There are only three promotions, the fourth is the Impi's promotion (Spear Throw), which disappears on upgrade.

why is he on a hill if he's got the open-terrain promotion :p

doesn't look like he's going to make it.

So a couple thoughts. 1) Taking the health bump doesn't necessarily get you to 100% health like it did in Civ IV. I think it only gives you like 50 health max. 2) If you stay next to that citadel then don't you continue to take 30% damage since the enemy is occupying it, or does that not happen because it's in your territory?

The computer AI does some stupid stuff, if you get lucky he'll waste his longbow attacks on the city.

I would maybe try heal and then move onto the farm to the west. It's gonna take you three turns to get out of range of those longbows with all those troops to your north and east, and the river to your back in the west.

What map script is that by the way`?

Continents with low sea level.

Sadly, the 410 gold rifleman perished the next turn. 37 hit points wasn't enough for the longbowman in fog of war.

I would have not upgraded and instead moved him one tile to the west. He should be out of range of fog unit and then won't have 3 units flanking him.

Top Bottom