Improving Diplomatic Victory

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
While we are getting a new CS system to gain their votes, I can't help but feel annoyed that the City States are the swing-votes, and since they might not fix liberating civs (from hating you), I figured out a way to make between Civs (especially AI) more fun (in my eyes)

1. Since everybody is eligible to become the U.N.. secretary or whatever, every civ votes for themselves (AI), but you still have a chance to vote for somebody else.
2. So I came up with this, during the U.N voting (the 10 turns) a bidding war can occur. where you can purchase another Civ's vote, however, only civs who have no CS allies can be bought (everybody with at least 1 city state ally votes for themselves, that, or any civ going for a "Diplomatic Victory" can declare themselves a nominee and their vote cannot be bought (since they will vote for themselves)
3. You can purchase another civ's vote for certain amount of gold (only), you get a notification of who bought who's vote, and you try and outbid by giving more gold. When the vote comes up, the civ who had the highest bid the turn before will vote for them. So if Sejong purchased Catherine's vote for 1750 gold (or 750 gold), then Catherine will vote for Sejong for the U.N.

Now, this might sound bit compllicated, so I can try and explain if anything is unclear. I also figured that you have only 1 chance to decide wether you wanna be a nominee or not, so this prevents scamming people of gold and then not voting for them.

Another, way simpler method is simply ignoring bidding, and the civ with highest reliationship will vote for the winner, so if Sejong has +15 with Catherine, then Catherine will vote for Sejong, and vice versa. (so if Sejong is the nominee, then Catherine will vote for Sejong, and Sejong iwll vote for himself, giving him 2 votes.

Top Bottom