In depth look at the WBS file

Can someone point me to the correct line in the WB file that will allow a scenario to be played at different levels, with each AI getting the proper bonus for the level chosen?

For example, I want to create a Scenario with 7 Civs, and allow players to choose whichever Leader, Level of Difficulty, and Game Speed they wish. We think we have the speed figured out, but there seems to be a problem with the AI bonuses at higher levels. At Monarch and above, the AI's should be starting with Archery, and Archers instead of Warriors as units. The scenario seems to be giving out the proper number of bonus Units, but not the Archery tech, so the bonus units end up being Warriors (which sort of allows for Warrior Rushes on Monarch, Emp and Immortal, which shouldnt ever happen).

Any information to resolve this would be appreciated. I am basically starting with a randomly generated save file, taking it into the WB, and then saving and editing that file to use as a Scenario.

Quick question: Is there an easy to understand guide to adding units to Civ 4. I had no problems with Civ 3 Conquests. There are some really nice units i would like to add but all the technical gobbleydegook has lost me

Niall ban

Ok, I have a question.

I've been trying to add a new civilization to a map, but every time I do, then try to use the map, after choosing my civilization(the added one doesn't even appear), the game ends and says I lost. Is there something specific I have to do? Also, what is I want to add a custom civ?

I can't seem to add the projects to my scenario. I added these 3 lines to one of the teams, right after DefensivePactWithTeam :

ProjectType=PROJECT_MANHATTAN_PROJECT
ProjectType=PROJECT_THE_INTERNET
ProjectType=PROJECT_SDI

When I go back into the scenario it shows it was built in the demographics screen but its not greyed out in any of the civilizations and can't build SDI.

Am I missing something?

I gotta question. how do you do all that stuff. I'd really like to start modding but I don't know where to start. I'm scared that if I mess with the xml and stuff I'll break the game.

Is it possible to run more than 18 civs with a WBS file ? And if yes, is there someting different to write, something to do ?

Is it possible to run more than 18 civs with a WBS file ? And if yes, is there someting different to write, something to do ?

The limit of 18 civs is hardcoded. You need a modified CvGameCoreDLl.dll to have more than 18 civs. Sorry.

Hi!! Maybe someone has just made this question but... Can I add in a scenario other civilizations? For example, can I add in Earth map the other 16 civs in Beyond the Sword to create a "Earth 34 civs"? I've tried but it doesn't work!!:rolleyes:

i've created a PDF version of the guide for those who want to print it out. the attached file is the PDF with minor adjustments made to enhance readability. note that the "Q & A" section of the document is based on the Apolyton thread, which can be found here.

any feedback would be appreciated!!!!!!

Attachments

• In depth look at the WBS file by Dale.pdf
    222.7 KB · Views: 259
Having quickly read thru your wonderful pdf, I'm still confused on one thing. Can I use WBS to make multiplayer scenarios?

Having quickly read thru your wonderful pdf...
lol thanks

I'm still confused on one thing. Can I use WBS to make multiplayer scenarios?
yes - any scenarios you make are able to be single or multiplayer scenarios, i believe. if you're doing multiplayer, u just have to make sure whoever you're playing has the scenario on their computer...

Change
Code:
	BeginUnit
		UnitType=AAAA, UnitOwner=BBBB
		Level=CCCC, Experience=DDDD
		PromotionType=EEEE
		UnitAIType=FFFF
	EndUnit
to
Code:
	BeginUnit
		UnitType=AAAA, UnitOwner=BBBB
		UnitName=NNNN 
		LeaderUnitType=UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL 
		Damage=0
		PromotionType=EEEE
		FacingDirection=4
		UnitAIType=FFFF
	EndUnit
NOTE:
Code:
		UnitName=NNNN 
		LeaderUnitType=UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL
		Damage=0
		PromotionType=EEEE
		FacingDirection=4
are optional.

Possibly a stupid question here, but...

Is there a way to launch directly into Worldbuilder? Currently I have to load the scenario as if I'm playing it, and then press Ctrl+W to open it. The problem being that I'm unlikely to build my entire world in one sitting, and sometimes it's not even in a playable state and can lead stright to the "You have been defeated" message before I even get a chance to open the Worldbuilder.

Just put a Settler and an AI-Settler on the map and everything is good.

Dale: Is it possible to put some hammers into a buliding or must the city always start with zero hammers?
Same with food.

RE: Food and Hammers - As hammers, food and culture and science are all commerce product, your only option is th give an extra amount of starting money.

Top Bottom