In depth look at the WBS file

I'm trying to create a couple of barbarian states to my bts map. They are working ok, but their color is wrong. First barbarian state has black color (eventhoug it should be middle yellow) and another barbarian state colors are also wrong. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with the code?

BeginPlayer
Team=15
LeaderType=LEADER_BARBARIAN
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_HUAYNA_CAPAC
CivDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_INCA_DESC
CivShortDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_INCA_SHORT_DESC
CivAdjective=TXT_KEY_CIV_INCA_ADJECTIVE
FlagDecal=Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_Sun.dds
WhiteFlag=0
CivType=CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN
Color=PLAYERCOLOR_MIDDLE_YELLOW
ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA
PlayableCiv=0
MinorNationStatus=0
StartingGold=0
StateReligion=
StartingEra=ERA_ANCIENT
RandomStartLocation=false
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT, Civic=CIVIC_DESPOTISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LEGAL, Civic=CIVIC_BARBARISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LABOR, Civic=CIVIC_TRIBALISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_ECONOMY, Civic=CIVIC_DECENTRALIZATION
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_RELIGION, Civic=CIVIC_PAGANISM
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

I'm trying to create a couple of barbarian states to my bts map. They are working ok, but their color is wrong. First barbarian state has black color (eventhoug it should be middle yellow) and another barbarian state colors are also wrong. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with the code?
I suspect it's caused by this:
CivType=CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN

Do i understand it right, that this civ has black as colour?

btw: For a barbarian nation, you should set MinorNationStatus=1.

Yes this nation has black as colour. I now set minornationstatus=1 but of course I don't have answer to color problem. I'm thinking if it is possible to make barbarian civilizations with colors you want in the first place. Maybe AI always decides the colors to barbarian civilizations.

MinorNationStatus=1 is what makes a civ barbarian ;).
You don't have to add CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN with LEADER_BARBARIAN to make it a barbarian civ.
I guess, that when you take another civ, the colour issue will be solved.

I see what u mean. I thought minornationstatus only inflicts to diplomacy, but nothing else. My intention was to make a couple of weaker nations who has poor technology. Setting AI to deity difficulty slows them a bit down but not enough. What I'm looking for is a tecnologigally and military weaker nations or tribes to represent natives in the period of time of colonization. I doupt that MinorNationStatus=1 is going to slow down the development of the nations. It would be best to have multiple rival barbarian civilizaitons representing natives if it is possible any way.

Multiple barbarian civs are not really possible. You can go around of the issue with the minor nation status and some other things, but not directly.
And imho, that they can't get money from traderoutes and can't deal with technologies should slow them down enough.

General question: How to edit any scenario to make it scenario of a mod?

I'm having trouble getting BTS scenarios to be read as Legends of Revolution (LoR) scenarios. If I set a Mod path in the .wbs and place it in public maps of LoR folder, I can get the game to load it up through assigning of leaders (at which point I know that LoR has loaded), but it continually crashes afterwords.

Are there other compatibility issues? Like if there is one incompatibility between the settings of the regular BTS and a mod (e.g. one mod lacking a setting), will that cause a crash to desktop?

Everything, which is present in the worldbuilderfile, but not more in the mod itself, will lead to a crash.
So if the scenario has a unit, which is not more present in the mod, it will crash.

Easier thing before: Can you run normal BtS maps (without civs, leaders, etc) in LoR?

Don't know if this has been asked before, but is it possible to add new civilizations to a game that is already in progress? For instance, I am playing a game which has Arabia, America, England, the Aztecs, China, and Russia. Could I add other civilizations even though they were not present at the beginning of the game? One of the members, Dalamb, mentioned something about using a text editor to edit World Builder to do so. How can that be done?

Yes, i think so, but would be a bit complicated.

First you have to save the game as a worldbuilder file.
Then you have to open it with notepad/wordpad (rightclick on the file, open with...).
There you can see all the entries.
You would have to replace on of the empty entries after the present civs with the civ you want to add, and you also would have to add minimum a settler for that civ at a valid location.
If the civ should compete with the others, then also cities, units, technologies, gold, etc. have to be added.

Is there a way to define the Apostolic Palace resident in the WBSave? I would prefer if there was a way to force a permanent resident (I'm making a medieval scenario and would prefer to have the Pope actually be the Pope) at least to start, but preferably throughout the whole game...not sure what would happen if his civ got eliminated however... I don't want to make it into a mod, however.

Find the name of the wonder in the Buildinfos file and then add it to the city in the same format as other buildings in the cities.

no, that just adds the building...I want to make a particular leader the resident, as if he had won the last AP election, which, being before the start of the game, never actually took place...

I was hoping there'd be an "ApostolicPalaceResident=1" type code I could insert...

I think this is out of the World builder scope. You will most likely need to edit the Events python scripts (Not my expertise). Post your question here

yeah...I figured as much. Shame though, but I can live with Justinian winning the election. Even if I could define the starting resident, he would only lose all reelections to justinian anyway...

thanks for the replies, though

I want to use a leaderhead, but redefine the two traits associated with that leader...can this be done in the WBSave file? I'm thinking not, because I see nothing to give me an example of how to do that, but I'm hoping that I'm just missing something...

or at least make it so there are no animated leaders shown for anybody? I'm trying to do as much as I can with just a scenario here, so I'd like to find a way that doesn't involve making it a mod...

Top Bottom