Inevitable Conflict? A First World War AAR

And that ends that! Been most fun, and I never expected it to take the better part of 8/9 months (excepting that rather large gap in the middle :mischief: ). Wouldn't have gotten quite the desire to finish it without the comments and support of the readers.

Some notes:
1. I've probably played far too much Paradox games, and was fully expecting some sort of event to play as I invaded Germany (to simulate the collapse of the military, ala real-life). Not to mention I didn't realise that the game ends in 1920, not 1918 - I half-considered ending then it to be more true to history.
2. Should have built more planes. They were most helpful in taking cities :D
3. The French were useless, but the Americans were surprisingly helpful. I found myself genuinely worried when their forces were wiped out in Europe, as they were helpful in securing my northern flank. More alarming was the fact that afterwards they wanted to gallivant around in the Middle East, when I needed them on the western front!
4. I didn't want to get too far into the post-war history, in case it got overly ridiculous. I left out some things like the League of Nations and the bulk of American history in that period on purpose. Hopefully it was realistic enough.

Small details:
26 updates, and 63 pictures were used in the making of this AAR. No idea on word count.

Cheers again folks, it was a blast. I am glad to put this away in my 'Completed AAR's' folder though :)

This has been my favorite story in the history of CFC. I loved our discussions on the scenario early in the thread, and you did a great job. :thumbsup: But somehow, I distinctly remember the epilogue being very similar to the real history? Coincidence? :mischief:

I just realized I haven't given my two-cents worth here. This was a master piece. Civfanatics history in the making. The writing style was incredible, just like a history book, and i was riveted for weeks. Kan, I salute you.

Edit: Hey, Awesome! 301st post!:deadhorse:

Thanks folks!

Al: I didn't really want to diverge too much from what happened, though I figure the lack of Nazi Germany and no Second World War was enough. I toyed with having France become a communist state and some sort of war happening there, but decided against it.

Of course, I could argue that the First World War was such a pointless waste that not much would have changed anyway...

That story was excellent, might have been old but its the best complete story I ever read for the time, I hope you be making more of this stuff

Top Bottom