Excellent units, and stuff like Lewis gun will also be very useful for generic units in RI.

One small tip - don't know if you're already aware of that one. In general, this doesn't pertain to units you're making as it's far more relevant to plated knights - but in the case of stormtroopers for instance, you may find that handy. Sometimes, when you animate a unit, you might not want its body to be able to twist, usually when it's wearing something like a cuirass, as otherwise the cuirass would look like a rubber prop. Then, instead of using a gradient of bone weights between, say, BIP Spine, BIP Spine1 etc, you might want to assign the whole torso to one bone. This will result in a more rigid animation, something you might actually want for someone like a French or German stormtrooper wearing a metal plate that isn't supposed to bend (while British body armour was more flexible, I'd imagine the heavy loadouts some of these units wearing would also result in the soldier being less able to twist around underneath all that). The same applies to stuff like bags - if you don't want a bag or, say, a scabbard to be distorted by certain body movements, make sure all of its vertices have the exact same bone weighting (not even necessarily a single bone, but if all the vertices are weighted the same, said shape moves without twisting or distorting).

Excellent units, and stuff like Lewis gun will also be very useful for generic units in RI.

One small tip - don't know if you're already aware of that one. In general, this doesn't pertain to units you're making as it's far more relevant to plated knights - but in the case of stormtroopers for instance, you may find that handy. Sometimes, when you animate a unit, you might not want its body to be able to twist, usually when it's wearing something like a cuirass, as otherwise the cuirass would look like a rubber prop. Then, instead of using a gradient of bone weights between, say, BIP Spine, BIP Spine1 etc, you might want to assign the whole torso to one bone. This will result in a more rigid animation, something you might actually want for someone like a French or German stormtrooper wearing a metal plate that isn't supposed to bend (while British body armour was more flexible, I'd imagine the heavy loadouts some of these units wearing would also result in the soldier being less able to twist around underneath all that). The same applies to stuff like bags - if you don't want a bag or, say, a scabbard to be distorted by certain body movements, make sure all of its vertices have the exact same bone weighting (not even necessarily a single bone, but if all the vertices are weighted the same, said shape moves without twisting or distorting).

That's my ichy spot and just solved.
Thanks for the tip and Happy New Year~!

British Infantry 1960s to present

Download Here

folder names are including animation infos at the end.

FN-FAL (L1A1/L2A1) is made by PPQ_Purple

SA80: unknown creator - from
Walter Hawkwood's Realism Invictus mod

View attachment 592721

View attachment 592722 View attachment 592723 View attachment 592724
ПРИВЕТ! ПОДСКАЖИТЕ КАК ИХ УСТАНОВИТЬ В ИГРУ ЭТИ МОДЫ??

Moderator Action: Please post in English. If your English is not good enough, please also provide a google translation.
Пожалуйста, пишите на английском. Если ваш английский недостаточно хорош, пожалуйста, также предоставьте перевод Google.

Google translation: Hey! Tell me how to install these mods into the game??

Last edited by a moderator:
U.S. WW1 Infantries: Early and Late.

Download

Using infantry.kfm

Alphaproperty was added on Aug_23. Now, the unit fade out after died.

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (22).png

Last edited:
Nice to see you again!
Same! Your American WW1 units were something I hoped to include in the last RI version, but ultimately I had to make my own for the release. Do you plan on making other WW1 Americans? I made a stormtrooper with a chauchat and a marine with a trench shotgun, but I'm curious about what you have in store (if you want to do your own version of a trench shotgunner, the best animation to use seems to be NextWar_Cyborg). I'm not actively developing RI anymore, but I was thinking about releasing one more version with mostly cosmetic changes, and I'd gladly include any new units you make.

Same! Your American WW1 units were something I hoped to include in the last RI version, but ultimately I had to make my own for the release. Do you plan on making other WW1 Americans? I made a stormtrooper with a chauchat and a marine with a trench shotgun, but I'm curious about what you have in store (if you want to do your own version of a trench shotgunner, the best animation to use seems to be NextWar_Cyborg). I'm not actively developing RI anymore, but I was thinking about releasing one more version with mostly cosmetic changes, and I'd gladly include any new units yoYes, It
Yes, It's in the plan. But with M1918 BAR.
Guess, it's not really a matter.
Machinegun sound in cyborg animation was replaced to rifle sound for m1897 shotgunner.
They are waiting for animated and tested.
It shouldn't take long.. but... Ah... just forgive my laziness.

I just put body armor, believed as American, but the steel goggles.
Apply more green for the uniforms to be distinguished from British soldiers

USMC_1918B_20230823_09-22-31.jpg
279349944_532088695114340_8783532534927050767_n.jpg.5b4a6d281625002edc586ed60bd4678e.jpg
post-5143-0-24844000-1440905558.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! If you want to go the extra mile, you can grab the actual trench shotgun sound from RI files (no credit needed, I found it on the internet anyway).

I considered BAR of course, but in my case I kept it for WW2 units to have a better sense of progression. Technically they were around in WW1, so you are right to have them.

Weren't the goggles used mostly by tank crews? I saw goggles/chain masks in the museums almost exclusively in the context of tank crews to protect from rivets/hull shards. IIRC, the photo you posted is Americans testing various body armours, including a captured German one. I would suggest a Model 8 helmet that could have realistically been used (Americans were generally too late to the war to have used armours more than sporadically, and IIRC weren't actually issued any US-developed stuff, but please don't let it stop you, as it looks very cool); here are some good photos of how it might have looked. Of course you can always go with this too :lol:

Weren't the goggles used mostly by tank crews? I saw goggles/chain masks in the museums almost exclusively in the context of tank crews to protect from rivets/hull shards.

1. In general, additional protection of the head / face/ eyes was in demand much more widely. Sentries, observers, snipers, engineers and, most importantly, machine gunners.
As a result, the same British helmets with a chainmail half mask (Cruise I) produced ... a little less than 230 thousand. Then they discovered that the effect of them in most use cases is about zero, and only tankers remained.
2. The design on the head of the soldiers from the photo rather resembles French devices. Very similar to Polaсk's system – he had masks and glasses with horizontal "bars".
3. The American development of helmets with a large visor – they are also more for machine gunners and Co, as far as I understand.
At the same time, the problem of such helmets is an overview, including an extremely important overview down in front of you / under your feet. The problem was realized, and, for example, the author of model No. 8 strenuously argued that everything was OK with a review under his feet. But when looking at the photo, vague suspicions begin to torment that this is not quite true.
At the same time, it is quite obvious that the review is critical primarily for stormtroopers.
4. In principle, it made sense for stormtroopers to wear ordinary, non-"ballistic" glasses. Grenades are dust, for example, and rubbing your eyes during an assault is a so–so occupation. I have seen photos where relatives-cavalrymen of that time wore car glasses - exactly for the same "dusty" reasons.

Last edited:
Looks great! If you want to go the extra mile, you can grab the actual trench shotgun sound from RI files (no credit needed, I found it on the internet anyway).

I considered BAR of course, but in my case I kept it for WW2 units to have a better sense of progression. Technically they were around in WW1, so you are right to have them.

Weren't the goggles used mostly by tank crews? I saw goggles/chain masks in the museums almost exclusively in the context of tank crews to protect from rivets/hull shards. IIRC, the photo you posted is Americans testing various body armours, including a captured German one. I would suggest a Model 8 helmet that could have realistically been used (Americans were generally too late to the war to have used armours more than sporadically, and IIRC weren't actually issued any US-developed stuff, but please don't let it stop you, as it looks very cool); here are some good photos of how it might have looked. Of course you can always go with this too :lol:
I'm too lazy to make a change :sleep::crazyeye: hhh

U.S. WW1 Soldiers

Download

Shock Troops with M1918 BAR/ Chauchat/ Shotgun | U.S. Marines Early and Late | Machine gunner | Cavalry Early and Late

Screenshot (29).png
Screenshot (31).png
Screenshot (37).png

Screenshot (38).png
Screenshot (41).png

TBH, that makes them more realistic, as I mentioned they didn't get this stuff issued en masse. :lol:

All in all great units, straight into RI they went.

Some of the textures don't have MIP maps - I assume it's not intentional, as others in the same pack do. It's easy to tell by the file sizes, 44k vs 33k - so both cavalries and both marines.

TBH, that makes them more realistic, as I mentioned they didn't get this stuff issued en masse. :lol:

All in all great units, straight into RI they went.

Some of the textures don't have MIP maps - I assume it's not intentional, as others in the same pack do. It's easy to tell by the file sizes, 44k vs 33k - so both cavalries and both marines.
Not sure if I checked generate MIP maps when exporting to .dds.
also, I do not know what MIP map does.
so, should I check ‘generate MIP map’ when exporting?

I'd say yes. I don't think Civ 4 engine can generate MIP maps on its own - so if a texture file has no MIPs it just uses the full-size texture at all zoom levels. In practice, that causes a lot of aliasing, since antialiasing is "baked" into smaller MIP maps when they are generated (unless you specify some very specific downsampling methods, such as nearest neighbour), and is missing otherwise. Some people like the look of MIP-less textures in-game, calling it "crisp", but "aliased" isn't the same as "crisp", really. To have crisper zoomed-out textures, it's better to specify a sharper downsampling method instead, or specifically sharpen MIPs (but I don't do that either, as I'm fine with default MIP settings of Nvidia plugin).

I'd say yes. I don't think Civ 4 engine can generate MIP maps on its own - so if a texture file has no MIPs it just uses the full-size texture at all zoom levels. In practice, that causes a lot of aliasing, since antialiasing is "baked" into smaller MIP maps when they are generated (unless you specify some very specific downsampling methods, such as nearest neighbour), and is missing otherwise. Some people like the look of MIP-less textures in-game, calling it "crisp", but "aliased" isn't the same as "crisp", really. To have crisper zoomed-out textures, it's better to specify a sharper downsampling method instead, or specifically sharpen MIPs (but I don't do that either, as I'm fine with default MIP settings of Nvidia plugin).
ok, I got it~! thanks a lot

Top Bottom