Does the CIV engine use MIPs though? Like do we have any evidence to believe it does not just ignore them? It is a very old game after all.

Does the CIV engine use MIPs though? Like do we have any evidence to believe it does not just ignore them? It is a very old game after all.
Feel free to experiment yourself - you can clearly see the difference between two units with the same texture, saved with MIPs and without. I first noticed when using Chuggi's units, who exclusively used textures without MIPs, and I had to resave those, as the textures turned out too aliased for my taste in-game.

Feel free to experiment yourself - you can clearly see the difference between two units with the same texture, saved with MIPs and without. I first noticed when using Chuggi's units, who exclusively used textures without MIPs, and I had to resave those, as the textures turned out too aliased for my taste in-game.
I can't really. My eyesight is not quite good enough to pick up tiny details on postage stamp sized units. Which is something that probably comes as a surprise to anyone who has seen just how many units I've made. But like I can zoom in on those when working.

You don't need the minute details even - I can't take a screenshot to show you as it has to be dynamic, but simply pan the map, and a unit without MIPs will "shimmer" while you move the screen. Anyway, taking my word for it is also an option :lol:

You don't need the minute details even - I can't take a screenshot to show you as it has to be dynamic, but simply pan the map, and a unit without MIPs will "shimmer" while you move the screen. Anyway, taking my word for it is also an option :lol:
I'll accept option #2 and make sure to include mipmaps in my exports from now on.

Top Bottom