insomnia

the clock is 04.00 am local time and i can´t sleep. my brain is running in about 7000 rpm. does anyone know any way to fall asleep when this happens?

Try standing on your head, putting hands and/or head in warm water, or immerse whole body in warm water, lowering head and chargine into wall, going for walk or run.

Faling that, just roll with it, and sleep when you feel tired. When it gets too late, your'e best just pulling an allnighter and catching up on z's later.

It's just 1:30 am in here, and I'm quite interested in this subject. Maybe if someone has a really good suggestion, I won't reach your state (4 am).

There's one thing that never fails. Turn on your TV set and put it on CNN. You'll be sleeping in matter of seconds. :D

Read the political posts, it always works for me! :crazyeyes

i´m still awake. i´m been watching simpsons movies on my pc this night. going home on thursday, so what the heck.

i´m have been thinking of getting my math lecturer on tape, like a bootleg. put the tape in the stereo and :sleep: :crazyeyes

Think about all the stuff you'll have to do the next morning. Repeat as required.

If you have nothing to do anyway, reserve sleep for the next morning.

Shortcut - just bang your head against the wall and hopefully you can knock yourself out. :D

Try staying awake, that makes me fall asleep. Or read, get away from the PC screen. Those constant rads will slowly fry your brain. :D

Have a cold shower...that helps me when I can't get to sleep :D

Read a book, dawg. That way even if you stay awake at least you'll be doing something constructive. Often times I can't sleep because there is just so much sh!t going on in my head: I've got a song stuck in there, I'm thinking about my special lady friend, I'm composing a concerto, and worrying about my nice new flaming little sh!t. But when I start reading, I just concentrate on one thing and then everything else just gets the volume turned down. Thirty minutes later I'm asleep in all my clothes with the light on.

DO NOT read a book (unless it is a real boring book, like advance calculus for experts)
DO NOT play computer, you can stay up for ever, and you brains occupied

Take a couple of panadol, that always works...
ummmmm
i have had this problem
eat something
going for a run should work.

I get bad insomnia - six hours sleep is a good night for me so I'm very interested in this. I have some tips that help.
Firstly, keep your extremities warm (hands and feet, silly!). This improves circulation and thus hastens sleep.
Secondly, keep your lips closed but your teeth slightly apart, and don't let your tongue touch the roof of your mouth. (If your teeth are together or if your tongue touches the roof of your mouth, this means your facial muscles are not relaxed! This makes it much harder to sleep.)
Thirdly, cut out drinks with caffeine in. When I get home I only drink Green Tea.
Fourthly, try a bit of light exercise. Occasionally I will walk a mile or two on the way home from work, then get a bus or cab. Seems to help.

As I say, though, I still get insomnia but those things do help a bit.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

0510 in the morning. Still in mid 30's outside, with some humidity to boot. Sleep is not an option; impossible in this situation. Have watched 3 DVD movies on computer, played 2 scens, posted my little heart out, and it is still too darn hot to sleep.

Gotta love these Aussie summers

Here's a good solution.

Get a warm glass of milk and a good long book. Get into bed and read the book while taking sips from the milk with added sleeping pills you will be asleep in no time!

I'm surprised Simon. I would have thought your evil headquarters would be in a deep cave, nice and cool. At the very least you'd have air conditioning.

Try what I call a pillow bed. Put a box fan beside your bed and point it up at a moderate angle. Tape the sheet to it and tuck it in the other side of the bed. This should cause the sheet to billow up (Turn it on first). Now crawl in bed and tuck the sheet under your chin. This will keep a nice breeze blowing over your body while not having all of that air going over your face and into your throat. Worked wonders back in the day.

Note: You will have to experiment a bit with the angle of the fan and leaving a small escape hole for some of the air. You also have to at least start on your back.

"I'm surprised Simon. I would have thought your evil headquarters would be in a deep cave, nice and cool. At the very least you'd have air conditioning."

Bah! Such luxuries are for the weak, and I'm having new blood absorbent carpets fitted in the bunker, so its in the small quarters at the present.
I did survive, and caught two hours nap at about 0700, when the change came in fully.

If the forecast looks nasty again, though, I'm getting on a charter flight to Antarctica, which is about three hours away.

:)

If the forecast looks nasty again, though, I'm getting on a charter flight to Antarctica, which is about three hours away.

Oh sure. I suppose that that's the location of another of your secret bases, right? How convenient if you don't believe in luxuries...Reminds me of my austere office overlooking the black beaches in Hawaii. Purely business, I assure you. Sorry, gotta go, the Rum tanker just pulled up.;)

Top Bottom