Installing mods for Macs? Help?

oakdragon

Stagnating amongst the Siliconians
Supporter
If anybody can help me find where to install mods in the Mac version, I'd be grateful. I can't find a mods folder anywhere this time, even inside the Civ VI application "package".

DOH!

Just found it myself. It's in user/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods this time.

DOH!

Just found it myself. It's in user/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods this time.

Where are the xml files? I'd like to have a look and see what can be changed while we wait for updates. I've looked everywhere (except the correct folder apparently).

Where are the xml files? I'd like to have a look and see what can be changed while we wait for updates. I've looked everywhere (except the correct folder apparently).

Scattered throughout here, I think, but I've never done any modding before, so I'm not sure those are the xml files you mean.

(BTW, anyone know a way to copy a filepath to the clipboard as text?)

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 9.46.42 AM.jpg

hum ... try ctrl-clic on an application : show package content ( a very basic on mac ) ... do not forget to make copies of the files you want ( and shouldn't yet ) modify :)

start here for some xml modifications : http://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ6-mod-components.560/

interesting things already.

Last edited:
(BTW, anyone know a way to copy a filepath to the clipboard as text?)

View attachment 457064
I think if you highlight the file or folder and select Copy, then paste into a text page, or text field, it should paste the path as text.

Not on my Mac at the moment, but that works for me if I want to copy/paste a path into Xcode.

[Technical stuff]
When you copy something, the clipboard gets copies of all valid representations of the object. For a file system object, that will be the path as text, and an alias for the object. When you then paste it, the destination gets the most appropriate representation. In the case of a text field, that would normally be the text path.
[/Technical stuff]

[EDIT]
Sorry. Just got back to my Mac. That doesn't seem to work as described. You only get the file/folder name, not the full path. Drag and drop works from Finder to Xcode - or to Terminal - to provide a full path, but it doesn't work to other text destinations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom