Invading Mexico to End the Cartels

Are there circumstances under which you would approve of invading Mexico to end the drug cartles?

• No, never

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • Only with permission and help from Mexico

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • We don't need permission because we are the target of their drug trade

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Get allies to join us

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Second option can't be called an invasion, specially if it is a democratically elected government the one asking for help (and dont use this foreign army to keep power though undemocratic illegal means, so to do a coup). It is like a neighbor inviting you to a party at his home. Wouldn't call that breaking and entering.

Last edited:
I read that most dangeous in US are synthetic opioids easily produced or imported without Mexican drug cartels.
Dunno how defendable is keeping weed or cocain illegal but I somewhat do not understand how can one not taking into the account how "easy is to get" a drug.
I watched some videos and these drug users are not even hiding from the streets. It seems already legal in US?

Last edited:
What if a Mexican government OK’d an American-led joint operation to end the Cartels, but ended up overthrown by riots after a contested election with the new government demanding the US forces withdraw. What is the best outcome? What is the most likely outcome?

back to regular programming , ı see . The US Democrats are NOT superior to US Republicans in any way , but hey ...

What if a Mexican government OK’d an American-led joint operation to end the Cartels, but ended up overthrown by riots after a contested election with the new government demanding the US forces withdraw. What is the best outcome? What is the most likely outcome?

Ooga Booga time.

Hmmm, yes, we can re-legalise slavery and organ trafficking.

If you really want to undo the cartels and their business model, legalise and regulate what they're selling.
Out of curiosity, if the people engaging currently in the illicit narcotics trade are put out of business with no substitute, traded for big industry now marketing and distributing with boards and profit margins to be accountable to like the East India Company - I wonder what ratios would make due entirely without, find a waiting and available enterprise above the board, or start robbing, stealing, or kidnapping. That's a lot of income and employment to displace. And that's not even getting into legalization increasing use for things like heroin, cocaine, crack, and methamphetamines. We might just assume relatively worthless low income people would be primarily effected, and that might be a relative win on the purge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom