Iran, the Red Sea, and the West (tm).

Can you read Chinese?
Our friend more of a scholar than you know. Not only Chinese but also learned Korean so as to more fully appreciate all the glorious testestmonials about their government.

And all Joe Biden's got is a three word chant about some racecar driver? Pathetic, Amerikkka is finished.

You should definitely encourage a Biden political rally with a rousing chorus of Let's Go Brandon.

Quote me saying "we're ok".
Quote me, or NinjaCow, or anyone apart from Crezth saying "the US is exactly as bad as China". Or Iran, your choice.
Give yourself a break, it must get tiring arguing with phantoms.
I could say the same to you :D

You should definitely encourage a Biden political rally with a rousing chorus of Let's Go Brandon.
I'd probably get roughed up a bit by security. But if I pulled a similar stunt nearby Xi and I wouldn't even have time to post in the comings and goings thread, that'd be the end for our hero.

They don't usually seem to make people permanently disappear if they stay shut up after whining about being raped. But maybe that's just for famous athletes?

Our friend more of a scholar than you know. Not only Chinese but also learned Korean so as to more fully appreciate all the glorious testestmonials about their government.
I asked a sincere question. I feel like your reply to me takes it in a direction that I didn’t intend.

If the protesters shot some of the pigs then we'd all see exactly how authoritarian the US is. As things are the US mostly doesn't need to resort to violent repression because propaganda and the ritual of "elections" where we choose the red capitalist or the blue capitalist are enough to keep the population under control (the best way to keep someone under control is not to hold a gun on them, but to convince them they're actually free).

I would also argue that consent is a superior system of accord than keeping a gun to their head.

That triggers much disagreement in practice.

From what I've read the BLM organizers got pretty rich of the movement, gotta love free enterprise
This is proof you read Tory rags, because “this protest movement against extrajudicial killings of minorities in a country where about half of them don’t get to vote is actually just a con to make people rich.” Meanwhile you run lines about defending democracy. Indeed it seems the only thing you’re actually bothering to put an effort into defending is white supremacy.

I also notice you had nothing to say about Angela Merkel or LDP. Probably because your position was annihilated? Shame.

What should police response be if they're shot like "oh it's cool, no worries"?
So the US state (which includes police forces, as literal its law enforcement) can defend itself with whatever level of force it feels necessary, but the "bad" countries like Iran and China can't?

Is that what you're hoping for? Bit of excitement?

What should police response be if they're shot like "oh it's cool, no worries"?

I'm not sure "cops get to do whatever they want with no interference by anyone" is really consistent with freedom. What do you think?

I would also argue that consent is a superior system of accord than keeping a gun to their head.

All systems of government work primarily through consent. You think people in Russia and China don't mostly consent to their systems of government? Regimes that rely on force and terror alone don't last long.

Don’t you live in Japan?

I think he meant "having learned Japanese would be an advantage" (presumably for learning Chinese)

I'm not sure "cops get to do whatever they want with no interference by anyone" is really consistent with freedom. What do you think?
well if the protestors don't have a legal right to be in the particular places the cops are forcing them out of [e.g. buildings belonging to the universities], your recommendations for some sort of armed resistance don't really follow through, as the protestors can't be said to be justifiably defending themselves. so there's that.
edit: I assume you meant the protestors on college campuses

well if the protestors don't have a legal right to be in the particular places the cops are forcing them out of [e.g. buildings belonging to the universities], your recommendations for some sort of armed resistance don't really follow through, as the protestors can't be said to be justifiably defending themselves. so there's that.
Incredible pretzel logic. It's amazing you can type this and yet not see how it can be used to justify any other country's rule of law.

You see, when <a bad country> represses its citizens by making normal things illegal, this is Bad. But when the US or some other bastion of democracy and justice does it, it's Just How Things Work.

edit: I assume you meant the protestors on college campuses

Well i guess if people in China don't have a legal right to protest anywhere in China that's just fine because illegal things are bad, because they're illegal. Glad we've resolved that.

This is proof you read Tory rags
No never have

How many cops in prison? Corruption? Sure? I'm all for criminal reform? But youre wetting your knickers over some guy w a wife and kids getting shot? So when they shoot him back you can go online and gloat, like see US is a hellhole? That's pretty sick

Top Bottom