Is anyone else upset about the Celts being excluded?

davymark8

Chieftain
I mean seriously, other than rome and greece, not many civs were more important to European history. Oh well guess we'll have to add them in?

I suppose I'm biased being of irish descent, but I always loved the Celtic UU in civ3

No. If the Celts were in, something else would have been dropped -- which would offend/surprise another group of people. There's no possible way to include 18 civs out of several hundred potential candidates that, somehow, satisfies everyone who's going to play.

we'll have to wait till... (drumroll)...

CIV IV CONQUESTS!!!!

(loud applause).

davymark8 said:
I mean seriously, other than rome and greece, not many civs were more important to European history. Oh well guess we'll have to add them in?
Nope, I'm not upset :rolleyes:
Maybe in an expansion.

while sad that they're gone it's also exciting to see some brand new civs. I can't wait to try em out!

yes vikings and celts should have been included .but also what about carthage and the dutch they should be in the game to but let's not forget there will prob be 2-4 add ons for this game in the next 2 or 3 years now i am sure these particular civs will be added on at later dates now they have to give us good reason to buy the add ons hmmmmm:cool: .

I think they might deserve to be in but i would pick babs before em, alot of people have been excluded.

but personaly i dont realy mind them not being in, they never have realy interestead me.

According to some of the information i have read the term "celts" as a race may be fiction. The term was used to describe a variety of peoples. Now maybe the Gauls would make more sense. As to the question asked, i would
say no, but i do miss the Vikings.:scan:

Nobody has ever complained about a civilization being left out before. This is new and exciting.

Anima Croatorum said:
Well, considering both Celts and Vikings, its questionable if either were 'civilized' during the height of their power. Unwashed barbarians with the stench of death on them. :p

And either hardly represent any nation today.

Celts were The civilization in europe, the Romans were the barbarians with their gladiator battles to the death, their crucifixtions(SP?) and their worship of power. They fought among themselves more than anything else whilst in their vaunted Republic. They were the agressors in almost all of their wars. Leave the Celts out of it please.

davymark8 said:
I suppose I'm biased being of irish descent, but I always loved the Celtic UU in civ3

I guess I am also biased being of Spanish descent. Or you think there were only Celts in Ireland?

Gosh... Next time complain less and study a bit more. :(

Or where do you think this football team is from?

http://www.celtavigo.net/

Urederra said:
I guess I am also biased being of Spanish descent. Or you think there were only Celts in Ireland?

yeah the Celts in Ireland came from the Iberian peninsula - Gauls were Celts, the germans that Gaius Marius saved the Republic of Rome from were celts also...the names of cities in Europe founded by the Celts is awesome - roflmao Dublin isnt one of them tho...the Danes founded that.

Urederra said:

Right on, Urederra! Of course I'm Irish & Scotch & Welsh too, but I think people should get it in their heads that the Celts didn't just live in Ireland
I also agree with elderotter, the Romans were arguably more barabarous than the Celts, and they were hardly uncivilized, except by Roman standards:clap:

Gosh... Next time complain less and study a bit more.

i love how people just read what they want to read and nothing else, all i said is that i enjoyed the celts because i was of irish descent, but i also included a link to a picture that showed the extent of the celtic influence, and mentioned other states that arose from that and included their culture and traditions, and at no point did i exclude anyone, but if you want to think that i don't read or know history from one sentence thats fine, but feel free to message me and we can talk all about it, or does finding a soccer club which means "little celts" that isn't from ireland the extent of your argument?

edit: and i wasn't complaining just wondering, trying to waste some time until my copy comes.

Top Bottom