Is this mpd dead?

It depends what you mean by "dead". I have not done any active development in a couple of months. The current version still works, obviously, and I monitor the sub-forum for any questions or comments.

And I still have my modmod in mind:). Although I must admit - I did not have much time to work on it lately. But be patient.

While at it, it would be a good idea to post some thoughts about the mod, some ideas, as to improve it - instead complaining about the silence:p.

It depends what you mean by "dead". I have not done any active development in a couple of months. The current version still works, obviously, and I monitor the sub-forum for any questions or comments.

I think he means "dead" as in no longer any active development/advancement in design or function of the mod. Or put another way, will there be a version 11 or was version 10 the finished final version (other than mod mods of couse).

I think he means "dead" as in no longer any active development/advancement in design or function of the mod. Or put another way, will there be a version 11 or was version 10 the finished final version (other than mod mods of couse).

It depends what you mean by "finished". I don't believe any fan mod is ever finished. Look at FFH for example. They have decided to stop incrementing the version number, but they will keep incrementing the patch number.

I don't personally have any plans to work more on it right now. I tend to get obsessive about one thing for a few months and then go on to something else. Often, after 2-3 changes, I go back to a previous thing. I still have a four page to-do list, including a bunch of random ideas, for Fury Road. So I will go back to it at some point. Also, as Apepis and Avahz point out, mod-mods are what make this whole forum more fun.

Also, as Apepis and Avahz point out, mod-mods are what make this whole forum more fun.

Which would maybe be a valid arguement if only there were actually any modmods released.

At any rate, to whoever finishes the mod, please add an actual scorpion graphic!

... Look at FFH for example. They have decided to stop incrementing the version number, but they will keep incrementing the patch number.

Heh the way the patching system is going they will be running out of letters soon :)

Which would maybe be a valid arguement if only there were actually any modmods released.

At any rate, to whoever finishes the mod, please add an actual scorpion graphic!

Just jogged a memory for me:

Is there a comprehensive list of things completed and things that need work? Like units, techs, LHs that are still using place holders. I've been too busy w/ real life to commit to playing Civ 4 lately, but I really enjoyed Fury Road and would like to see it evolve.

Just trying to rekindle a the spark here.

There is an up to date art request list here.

The main thing which people agree needs work is to redo the tech tree. At least one poster has started on this. It is too short, with too many things crammed together into the same tech. Most vanilla techs give you one thing, many of the Fury Road techs give you 3-4 new things. Splitting up the techs into smaller techs, without totally reducing the research cost, also has the effect of making it take longer to research the whole thing.

The second thing most people complain about is that "capitol victory" is too easy. I think the mechanic is the right one; right now I think the biggest limitation is that the AI players don't really use it, either on attack or defense. It would be a harder project, but it would help to add "something" to the AI code so it understood the threat and defended against it.

I have a bunch of random ideas collected into a text file. It's not really intelligible to anybody but me as-is; I should probably spend some time to convert it into suggestions anybody would understand.

There is nothing else "unfinished", but as with any mod in a popular genre, lots of people have genre-related suggestions of things which could be added.

Hi there everyone,

I really like what you've done with this Mod, this is one of the ideas that i had in mind for a mod Post-Apocalyptic Fallout Mod, Love those games also Mad Max is great. I've started to go through the Mod and flesh it out a bit, with extra text content adding to the flavour, I lean more towards the Fallout side of life than of Mad Max. I've only just started modding and am currently limited to XML based stuff and even then I've only successfully achieved a few small things but I am learning. I've also been thinking about adding UU, UB, and some modified leader content to bring more flavour and try to strengthen the flavour stuff you've already added. I hope that doesn't sound rude or arrogant or something thats not my intention I just want to some additions that I like the idea of cause I thik what you've done already is really good.

anyway waffle over, would you be interested in seeing the changes I make when i get to a point of meaningful difference. I think it would just be a case of putting the whole mod back on here with a slightly modded name but I can cross that bridge when the time comes.

cheers guys

anyway great idea and some really cool content.

hello are people still in here or is there a better place for me to put this.
Anyway I have done a little bit of work on my version of fury road, its basically cosmetic adding in text and such, almost all of the existing units and buildings have pedia texts now I also added stuff for the leaders and changed thee names of some of the Civs. my next move is to go for techs, UU's, UB's and perhaps a couple of other little bits. I'm also thinking making Civ pedia entries as well as leader pedia entries to more clearly define the characters and teams.
I wanted to know if anyone would be willing to suggest any ideas they have for units and building for the various civs here is what i have ideas for:
Amdahl:
Robots (for possibly everything in the late game nasty fighters ad efficient workers)
Robotic related buildings
Aquarians:
Turned them into new age ecomentalists. Want to learn how to add a leader trait that can add benefits to trees.
Gardeners (workers that can plant or heal trees)
Eco-Warriors (Similar to mysteriuos wanderer good in trees perhaps extra gold from pillaging improvements)
Lost boys:
Got rid of Fortress City Civ and made Peter a second leader for the lost boys (completely personal choice fortress city made no sense to me also the pedia entry for peter mentions lost boys so). Idea Martha brought the children together, Peter came up with a way to train them to protect themselves and to survive the horrors of war and the new world.
4th Reich: (formerly New Holy Rome)
thought the name was to similar to the Centurions also thought 4th Reich held more menace.
Uber-men (the 'master' race types) high level infantry fighters etc.
Sub-humans (weaker starting fighters and or/ slightly inefficient workerforce but quicker to build)
G.O.S.
My personal favourites!
Power Armour! later game infantry tough.
unit ranks
Initiate - Survivor
Knight - Guardian type possibly replace heavy weapons types
Paladin etc.
Chain Gang: formerly Stormtroopers
just to make the prison link a bit more obvious
good early fighters
possible Psycho type or kamikaze troop
maybe weaker but easier to build vehicles
Slaves (very inefficient worker but quick to build)
Exodites:
Junkyard trebuchet - more powerful catapult replacement.
Hopeville:
Police type unit, good at city defence possible city bonus when garrisoned happiness or something (need to learn if possible)
Refugee Centre (thinking of makig a refugee camp building that allows you to make refugees but give negative bonus such as unhappiness, Refugee Centre is HV UB give positive bonus) they like guests.
Reformed Criminal unit?? some sort of replacement for a fighter not sure what yet.
House Staff - Survivors
New Aus.
some sort of official organised military, perhaps better start units, some kind of finance matainance building.
Centurions.
Roman styled stuff
Auxiliares - Survivor/Crossbow
Legionaires
Centurions
Roman Styled buildings
Aqueduct
Forum - Market
Etc.
Phoenix Army.
Phoenix Guard - high end elite bodyguard unit
various unit type replacements based on the cults hierarchy
some form of financial building

Also changed Guardians to Militia, thinking of adding in a better trained level of gun infantry?

Any thing you come up with let me know i'd be happy to try and add stuff in. My goal is to make each Civ more unique and individual as well as tying in with their themes better.

Also if you've got a better thread for this to go in one that is more active that would be great to know too.

hello are people still in here or is there a better place for me to put this.

Great ideas! Do you have any specific ideas for the stats of these units?

Please start a new thread for this with a title like "ideas for version 11". I feel bad when a thread that asks if the mod is dead is an active one. It's not dead.

Yeep, but we're doing great being dead! HAHAHAHAHHAHA! :harold:

I played this mod once in a older version, then I returned to it, but I can't play for some reason:

Spoiler :
[Mar 03, 2009 - 14:38:54] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

Any idea of what this mean?

I am not quite sure what that means, "another planetfall if people would work on it". The mod has not been updated to 3.19 yet. Are there some enhancements you would like to see? Please let us know the details.

Top Bottom