Is Vox Populi still compatible with JFD's Rise to Power?

Wilhelm song

Chieftain
As for Cultural Diffusion, again, the functionality of that mod and even more is already there in JFDLC, it already has cultural diversion, which affects the happiness in the cities...
Cultural diffusion mod also affects tile ownership, and troops can occupy tiles in this mod.

Auramagma

Chieftain
I need to have a look at how it actually works. Because I think if I remember correctly, some mod in this modpack already does do the occupation. It doesn't happen immediately, you have to station troops on the particular tile for few turns for it to take effect...

Wilhelm song

Chieftain
I see, to change the subject completely, how are you doing with the future worlds and historical religion integration?

Auramagma

Chieftain
Regarding historical religions - it might be not that appealing with JFDLC since it has many religious options on it's own... But future worlds on the other hand is interesting. Or better still adding spawning AI civ somewhere at the later stages of the game could be ideal. Since I think the main hindrance with Civ 5 even with Vox Populi is that there are not that many strategic challenges in the middle and towards the end of the game. There is plenty of tactics, but even with all of the mods in this pack, it is just about to make it a little bit more strategic. So, it needs big challenges, goals to be added towards later stages in the game IMHO. There is only one mod to be honest, which might've helped that and that is the one with the AI civ spawning towards to the end. Unfortunately, it requires quite a bit of balancing to make it work. I might give it another try at some point.

Wilhelm song

Chieftain
Regarding historical religions - it might be not that appealing with JFDLC since it has many religious options on it's own... But future worlds on the other hand is interesting. Or better still adding spawning AI civ somewhere at the later stages of the game could be ideal. Since I think the main hindrance with Civ 5 even with Vox Populi is that there are not that many strategic challenges in the middle and towards the end of the game. There is plenty of tactics, but even with all of the mods in this pack, it is just about to make it a little bit more strategic. So, it needs big challenges, goals to be added towards later stages in the game IMHO. There is only one mod to be honest, which might've helped that and that is the one with the AI civ spawning towards to the end. Unfortunately, it requires quite a bit of balancing to make it work. I might give it another try at some point.
Nice, I appreciate your great work

Heloi

Chieftain
I would love if someone updated JFDs cities in development and made it compatible with current vox populi.

Auramagma

Chieftain
I would love if someone updated JFDs cities in development and made it compatible with current vox populi
I've waited for compability with JFD's mods for long time

Sorry guys, wasn't on the forum for some time...

The latest I've tried to integrate the Hulfgar's Rise of Machines to the mod list I have posted here. It proved to be quite tedious and I've left it unfinished. As for the JFD's mods compatibility, I need to watch current version of VP before deciding if it is worth doing. As I am still playing the old version, which is compatible with JFDLC.

I mean, I don't see with the direction VP was going, how it makes the game significantly different from what it used to be 3 years ago. With the mods in this topic added and JFDLC I think the game was as feature complete as it was possible at the time. The only thing, which I wish was working better, would be the cultural boundaries expansion and pressure alike civ 4.

Let me know what do you think?

Lion King

Chieftain
The same as it was originally configured with, i.e. one from May 2018 I believe.
Man, you are a saviour! I spent hours trying to configure latest version of Community Patch to work with JFDLC (which is RtP v.54), will try with May 2018 version.

JFDLC alongside with EE should've being included in a basegame as DLC

Auramagma

Chieftain
will try with May 2018 version

Cool. Let me know if it is not working. But I think the working version still can be downloaded from one of the links on this thread. I've fixed the top panel few years back and removed quite a bit of duplicated functions.

Apologies, seems that I didn't put it online, but on page 2 there is a fix for the top panel and also my version of CBO.

Lion King

Chieftain
Cool. Let me know if it is not working. But I think the working version still can be downloaded from one of the links on this thread. I've fixed the top panel few years back and removed quite a bit of duplicated functions.

Apologies, seems that I didn't put it online, but on page 2 there is a fix for the top panel and also my version of CBO.

I managed to run Community Patch (v.88) + JFDLC(v55)+CulDiv(v.16) +EE+More Luxuries+ CS Expanded and barbarians mod from your package. Haven't tried full CBO yet as it's a bit too complex for me atm. Overall the game runs nice and smooth (up to turn 260 atm) but I noticed the following issues:

1. For some reason Ethnic Units (+modded version) don't appear at all, it seems that the game is approaching limit on the textures to load. How did you manage to launch it?

2. The game crashes if you try to upgrade unit with multiple upgrade paths.

3. Plague effect with increasing food consumption isn't turned on (you have to manually amend the file JFD_CID_Health_functions.lua by removing the line 110: "city:SetAdditionalFood(0)"). After applying this change food consumption increases during plagues.

4. Got a weird bug after it where plagued occupied city dropped to the population of 1 and for some reason crime there skyrocketed through the roof, mostly from treason. In several turns local city happiness dropped to negative 300 (attached screenshot). The only solution was to raze the remainings of the city and live happily after)

5. Ai behavior is strange (I guess it's primarily due to old Community Patch) - at some point AI is completely unwilling to sell luxuries even when it has a lot of them. At another point they are happily ready to throw 60GPT and lux for copy of your resource.

But overall really enjoyable experience, thanks again for putting the modpack together and making it work =)

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.bmp
    14.2 MB · Views: 15

Auramagma

Chieftain
Thank you for the update.

Haven't tried full CBO yet as it's a bit too complex for me atm
I am reasonably sure that CBO from the page 2 of this thread will work with your setup without additional changes. Unless I had to do some changes to fix the city development index.

For some reason Ethnic Units (+modded version) don't appear at all
Do you have the same version of Ethnic Units as in my mod list? I will check as I haven't explicitly paid attention, but it should load as while debugging I don't remember seeing issues. And then my PC is reasonably powerful.

2. The game crashes if you try to upgrade unit with multiple upgrade paths.
Needs to be fixed in some places - happens, when units have upgrade path from JFDLC and somewhere else, i.e. from CBO (which you haven't loaded yet), but also might be some extra upgrade path from Core Community Patch...

Thanks for fixing 3!

Never seen 4 and 5, but will keep an eye on those.

Top Bottom