Jesus thinks I'm a pillock

Jesus is correct: Borachio is a pillock.

• Total voters
What? It's not lofty at all. It's what love is. I don't see it has anything to do with ego.
Exactly. It has nothing to do with ego but humans are egos. Does it mean that humans have no love?

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
I am proud to say I am not worthy.

No, I'm not proud actually, since being worthy would make me a complete pillock.

Seem Jesus has daddy-issues.

Well, treating your family better than you treat strangers is something that even baboons do.
You cannot live the Golden Rule and prioritize family at the same time.

True, that's where the Theory of Evolution and the Golden Rule intersect. Yes, how you treated the rabbits matters morally.

How can you love something you can't see, touch, talk to, or otherwise detect or interact with more than something you can hold in your arms and hug?

Oh, I realize it's possible, I just find it a tiny bit inhuman.

Love is a human emotion, obviously!

And just how important this human emotion is? Is there any human life which can be fulfilled without love? And that all in spite of the fact you cant see, touch, hold it in your arms or touch it.

I am proud to say I am not worthy.

No, I'm not proud actually, since being worthy would make me a complete pillock.

Seem Jesus has daddy-issues.

I really do not see whats the problem here. If you and your mum had any love each other the source of that love is God. If you recognise Jesus as representative of God then your love for him would be naturally greater unless you come to realisation your mum is God then there would be no difference. I think this is true but as a humanity we are too far from that realisation so we accept different representatives as God and its Love.

Too tired. I have just spend couple of weeks almost exclusively gaming and lazing around. Tomorrow I have too show up at work and have to put myself together and clarify my mind which will take me couple days as well. We will talk later. Thx.

I don't agree that it helps/is needed to equate god with love (although by far the best- regardless of being "true" or not- idea in a religion is an equation of god with love, and the hymn to love is one of the nicest bits of the orthodox religious order/which in many other ways sucks horribly like the other religions as well).

Personally i don't think that love is really having much to do with the other person. I think it has to do almost entirely with the person who feels it. The other person is always something other.

If one claims that god=love, well in my view it is like saying: you have A here, but keep in mind that A=B now, so use B instead.

Love is a human emotion, possibly felt by other animals as well.. But if God is just an emotion, and that's it, then.. what's so supernatural about that? How could an emotion, an abstract concept that sits on top of human biology and psychology, have a mind of its own? It doesn't make any sense.

If you and your mum had any love each other the source of that love is God.
Not at all. And I don't say this because I don't believe in God. The source of that love is my mother and what she represents to me. Her care, actions, personality, sacrifice, I could go on.

God does not enter the picture. At all. Again, not because I don't believe in God. If I had I'd feel exactly the same way.
I think this is true but as a humanity we are too far from that realisation so we accept different representatives as God and its Love.
Have you considered you could be wrong? Or are you too far from that realisation?

edit:
Talking about realisation and getting back to Mr. C's quote
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me
If God is love and Jesus is God and Jesus is love, than loving Jesus is loving love.

Furthermore, trying to rescue the quote, if he means that you should love all in equal measure, in other words you should love Jesus in the same amount as you do your mother or a stranger or even a sinner, that would be a little less spoiled little brat demanding love like. But he should have put that the other way around. After all, he does claim to be Mister Humble.

He that loveth me more than father or mother is not worthy of me

But that still trips over the love love hurdle. I'm beginning to get really close to the realisation that the god is Jesus is love angle for copping out on that quote is complete and utter bollocks.

Since the word "pillock" was not understood, I'd be happy to give a visual illustration of "bollocks":
Spoiler :

I don't agree.
Spoiler :
These are bullocks. A small load of them.

Exactly. It has nothing to do with ego but humans are egos. Does it mean that humans have no love?
Anyway, I was going to say a bit more about this.

I don't think "human beings are egos" is an accurate description. (I do kind of see what it means, perhaps.)

The ego is the big I AM, isn't it? And of course it would like me to believe that that is all there is to me. It's not right, though.

I'm as much, or more, a part of the big WE ARE, I think.

Isn't a human being a kind of process? A part of the environment, a product of it, and shaping it (a little) in return? While the ego wants to see itself as something somehow apart.

The ego could be said to be a useful simplifying assumption made by the human brain, but it somehow gets above itself and can become an obstacle.

Maybe?

I don't know, do I?

Honestly, I'm happier talking about fish. I know where I am with fish.

Spoiler :
No 2. The Perch.

How about sociopathic fish?

How about a sociopathic fish killer?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-13/fisherman-fined-18k-for-bashing-great-white-shark-to-death/5257052

A man who rammed a great white shark with his boat and then beat it to death with a metal pole has been ordered to pay nearly $20,000.

Justin Adam Clark was prosecuted by the New South Wales Department of Primary Industries (DPI) over the death of the juvenile shark at Sussex Inlet on the south coast in January 2012.

I must say that sharks, of all creatures, have never struck me as particularly attractive. Having said that, though, they are fairly easy to avoid, just by remaining largely inland.

Pandering to the growing number of fish fans:
Spoiler :
Number 3. The Shark.

Back
Top Bottom