JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

I promise I really wanted to read all 352 pages of this thread (but didn't have 3 months of spare time!), and I was also trying to search for the answer (but I didn't find it), so sorry if this question was already asked and answered.

So, from what I know, there shouldn't be two .lua files having the same name in the mods, as they will be overwriting each other and causing issues.

I've just checked all the mods I have for lua duplicates, and I have found a few in the custom civilizations, hence my questions below:

1. In both JFD's Papal States and Commonwealth of Iceland there is the same file called CityInfoStack.lua. After inspecting with WinMerge I saw a minor difference - two lines of code more in The Papal States. Will it cause any problems to use them together, and if so which file should I use?
2. I have found a number of CultureOverview files in the civ mods. There are minor differences between JFD's Iceland and Papal States / France (player vs pPlayer code) - shall I just use the France file as the newest for Iceland as well?
On top of that these files are present in more civs. I can see that Luegi follows the same file construction as JFD's civs, but TPangolin (e.g. Mexican Republic) and Pouakai (e.g Argentina) have a different file construction - will I have problems playing their civs together with all the JFDs? Will they work if I choose JFD's file? And if not - any chance that you guys talk to each other and try to unify this file construction?

I promise I really wanted to read all 352 pages of this thread (but didn't have 3 months of spare time!), and I was also trying to search for the answer (but I didn't find it), so sorry if this question was already asked and answered.

So, from what I know, there shouldn't be two .lua files having the same name in the mods, as they will be overwriting each other and causing issues.

I've just checked all the mods I have for lua duplicates, and I have found a few in the custom civilizations, hence my questions below:

1. In both JFD's Papal States and Commonwealth of Iceland there is the same file called CityInfoStack.lua. After inspecting with WinMerge I saw a minor difference - two lines of code more in The Papal States. Will it cause any problems to use them together, and if so which file should I use?
2. I have found a number of CultureOverview files in the civ mods. There are minor differences between JFD's Iceland and Papal States / France (player vs pPlayer code) - shall I just use the France file as the newest for Iceland as well?
On top of that these files are present in more civs. I can see that Luegi follows the same file construction as JFD's civs, but TPangolin (e.g. Mexican Republic) and Pouakai (e.g Argentina) have a different file construction - will I have problems playing their civs together with all the JFDs? Will they work if I choose JFD's file? And if not - any chance that you guys talk to each other and try to unify this file construction?

You shouldn't remove any of them. The first lua you mention are internal mod support for the Modular City Info Stack (by Sukritact I think?).

The other lua you have is (I believe) because the civs you mention has Unique Buildings that has great work of arts slots, so you have to have that file or else you can't open the culture overview.

I might be wrong with the exact details, but I have the same mods and there's no chance of crashes. JFD will give you the best answers though.

I'm now starting to wonder if the Putin mod could be banned in Russia due to that new law that has come...

Ah yes the 2015 anti-dank maymays act, just put into Law in Russia. Regardless, I'm excited for Putin; wondering how you'll pull of the uniques though since really late uniques tend to be gahbage

Dunno if I want Spetsnaz or Putin Riding a Bear more, really.

As someone from Russia I can assure you that that law doesn't exist.

You can have Barrack Obama if you want. When is Meiji going to be done?

It's fine to have two of the same name, unless they are imported into the VFS, which is not the case for MCIS. MCIS handles duplicate functions, too.

You can have Barrack Obama if you want. When is Meiji going to be done?

When I can afford a new computer :lol:

Well here's a new one:

Would you "fix" scenarios with your civs? The great schism scenario could use a bit.. Redesigning.

Top Bottom