JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Edit: With Epithets, are titles intended to change on a regular basis? (Every 50 turns or less) It seems like a normal player has a good chance to cycle through many of the titles in a single play through. Also, if all titles are given up for GA points, what will the player be called? The Humble?

No, they're meant to be quite rare, and random (literally, a 1% chance for most to trigger, multiplied by the specified condition). A normal player might be lucky to get one.

Pfft. The Idiot more like :p Why would you take the GA points?

I don't really get how asking some questions is provokative. But oh well, I don't really care what people think of me.

'Tis not the act of asking, but 'tis the content of the question. But no matter - asked and answered.

Come, come. Just take things a little less seriously and we'll all get along :)

The Lord Buddha is current outside the cycle of Saṃsāra and is unavailable to answer your question. As Secular Buddhism is the secondary state religion of the Kingdom of Sukritact, we express bemusement at your confusion, and suggest further meditation as a possible solution. (In honesty I gave up reading on the theology at the Eightfold path, and was satisfied with the Four Noble Truths. Being raised Theravada, I am somewhat exasperated at the pantheon of Bodhisattvas in the other branches. I also keep forgetting Theravada Buddhism does have a formal structure and Sangharajas).

He's studying Buddhism in university this semester IIRC.

It's lists upon lists upon lists upon lists of things you need to do - no wonder the Chinese took to it! :lol:

just played as Great Britain. All the decisions disappeared. I did not know when it happened, but I noticed after I entered the Enlightenment Era

Fixed and updated. Thanks!

It's lists upon lists upon lists upon lists of things you need to do - no wonder the Chinese took to it! :lol:

It's more or less, "Meditate for a mere century until you attain enlightenment except you're lucky. While you are waiting, here's something nice to read." and then hand you a Wikipedia.

There's tons of interpretation of dharma and I think the most important thing is "The middle Path" (not to go too extreme in either way) and "Ignorance is a way to death (and myriad of bad thing)" The rest is, more or less what you describe. Lists of lists of lists of lists (which may include more listsception).

Some of it sounded like what you may found in Internet if it exist thousand years ago, like.

4 steps to end your temporal suffering. 10 things a ruler should do. 8 signs your suffering is ending. 38 kinds of virtue. with a linked article in every topics.

You know, you can implement Buddhism in this way. Give a player 3 choice of list of buff, each lead to 4 choices of list of buff which lead to 5 choices of list of buff which lead to.... you got the idea. (I doubt anyone will like it, including anyone who code it)

Pretty much why beside of zero, India also invented usage of very large number like 10^140 in their books even before Fall of Western Roman Empire.

So if I'm getting this right, Buddhism is basically a mixture between Wikipedia, needless bureaucracy and spiritual BuzzFeed?

Okay guys, we've been getting a bit off topic for the past three pages or so. Off topic religious and political discussions go in the Off topic section, not here. Please keep on track

All recent political discussions were absolutely related to the discussion on ISIS as a potential civ, and thus entirely germaine to this thread.

So, to look at topic 3 pages before...

That mean someone have to collect the "tag" of notable modded civ for the ease of implement it.

I'm still not really interested in doing this. Save for Louis, Ivan, and a select few others, I really don't enjoy writing dialogue.

Hey...

Not so long time ago I promised you to do translations. ;/ I'll try to do them for weekend. Sorry, I had school things to do :(

I'm still not really interested in doing this. Save for Louis, Ivan, and a select few others, I really don't enjoy writing dialogue.

You could follow my example as of late and start outsourcing dialog to your friends :p

Has anyone made progress editing JFD's civilizations to be multiplayer compatible?

I would ask that question on this forum: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533238&page=36

But as far as I am aware, no one has created such a pack. The majority of his Civ's are already multiplayer compatible, with the exception of a few such as Roosevelt.

If you are really eager to play them in multiplayer, follow the instructions on the linked thread. There is also a very good guide in the Civ 5 Steam Community Hub. As long as all steps are taken correctly, and all players have the right packs, there should be no problem.

I guess you have at the moment many other priorities, but I love your civs more than your other awesome work and I want to ask what will come in nearer future the WWI Civs or Constantin? And since Constantin is the first named Civ on your Mod Civ List what is missing? :)

I anticipate Constantine would come first, as all that remains in terms of art is the Leaderscene and Icon - uniques and map are done. But Jan's quite busy atm, so I wouldn't like to speculate on a timeframe.

Of course, I don't make that civ list on the wiki, so the order doesn't really mean anything. I don't know why Kievan Rus' is listed there either :lol:

I anticipate Constantine would come first, as all that remains in terms of art is the Leaderscene and Icon - uniques and map are done. But Jan's quite busy atm, so I wouldn't like to speculate on a timeframe.

Hopefully Jan isnt drawing Keanu Reeves right now :p

Okay thanks for response :D Just want to ask since I wait to update the Mod Soundtrack Channel when a new JFD Civ comes out.

Of course, I don't make that civ list on the wiki, so the order doesn't really mean anything. I don't know why Kievan Rus' is listed there either :lol:
The wiki-wizards might have mistaken it for the Rus'?

Top Bottom