JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

That moment when you see that JFD posted something and it's just a little little post. :p

Yea, pretty busy with uni, and modding-wise, I'm focusing entirely on Sov. before any new civs releases. Though as you must have seen, a few new civs have been picked up along the way, on top of the aforementioned and so-called 'final list' - three, to be exact ;)

I hope Queen Lil is still on this list. This triggers a We love the Emporer Day in me! :p

Who knows, maybe Queen Lil will haunt Jan in his dreams: Draaaw me, draaw me. And then we can bother him about the Empress of Korea. :p

Who knows, maybe Queen Lil will haunt Jan in his dreams: Draaaw me, draaw me. And then we can bother him about the Empress of Korea. :p

Empress Myeongseong?

Edit: I still don't know what Korean ruler is being referred to, but upon research into Korean rulers, Queen Munjeong sounds like a better choice.

Hi there

I've just recently started using some of your mods. The first custom Civ I'm trying is Akenhaten of Egypt. I have had spawned 2 Prophets so far and created a Holy Site and founded the religion of Akenatism. There was a notification saying that I can move them around from my capital city but I can't for the life of me see where or what I need to toggle to move or just see how many I have.

I'm using the latest version of VoxPops 30-7 including EUI. Can anyone leave a screenshot of what and where I am meant to look to see these Verses?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there

I've just recently started using some of your mods. The first custom Civ I'm trying is Akenhaten of Egypt. I have had spawned 2 Prophets so far and created a Holy Site and founded the religion of Akenatism. There was a notification saying that I can move them around from my capital city but I can't for the life of me see where or what I need to toggle to move or just see how many I have.

I'm using the latest version of VoxPops 30-7 including EUI. Can anyone leave a screenshot of what and where I am meant to look to see these Verses?

Thanks in advance.

You should see them in your city view. Hold on. I'll get right on that.

Edit:
Here is the screenshot link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734791515
I was using the Community Patch only, Historical Religions Complete, Cultural Diversity, and the Polynesian and Greek Civs Split. It should work with all versions of the Community Patch regardless.

You should see them in your city view. Hold on. I'll get right on that.

Edit:
Here is the screenshot link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734791515
I was using the Community Patch only, Historical Religions Complete, Cultural Diversity, and the Polynesian and Greek Civs Split. It should work with all versions of the Community Patch regardless.

TYVM.

I had to close down the different types of Units/Buildings/Wonders so see it. But I finally can see it. I knew I was getting something because on the Food hover-over tooltip it was saying that I was getting an additional 10% Growth which went upto 40% after I had spawned a Prophet.

Sad to see that the Wheat from the tile goes when you swap out the Verses, but I imagine it would be too powerful if they remained. Really like this mod - feels very different. I read somewhere that you don't get additional Verses from Prophets 5+, which is a bit of a bummer. But looking forward to finishing out this game with Akenhaten.

Yup, 40%'s the max. Tip: don't read them; it breaks the game :p

Is Romania the only other WWI civ yet to be made? Also are there going to be any more WWII civs like Yugoslavia?

Just played a full 8 player standard game on Hellblazer's NQMod Pangaea map. I was playing with the latest VoxPops 30-7 on Emperor difficulty. I played as Akenhaten of Eqypt and chose your Scotland, Norway and Carthage custom civs alongside random - and base game - Zulu, Netherlands, Ottomans and Sweden.

As for the AI, I felt all your Civs sim cities well - they felt distinct, with Carthage settling cities a far way away and then back settling the spaces between whilst Scotland settled lands close to him as Tradition and then eventually went and built outer island cities and dominated the World Congress. Norway seemed to be doing very well getting fairly big coastal cities, good tech levels and some Wonders but was the first to go down by being unfortunately situated next to Shaka, who then went and pummeled Sweden and then the Netherlands.

By then he was on my borders but I managed to sneak in a Great Musician into Punic lands and win a Tourism victory just a few turns before he was likely to start rolling his army over my lands.

As for Akenhaten, I liked his ability, it seemed fun and different and whilst I had some initial problems seeing where the Verses were location (under the border growth section) people here were able to help me find it. I just had to minimise the buildings/wonders/units section of the production queue as they were hiding it slightly.

A bug or problem I had was that the UU Khopesh would not upgrade at all.
Also, once the Obelisk was built, I could no longer delete it to build other upgrades with my workers.
Also the wording of the UA gave me the impression that I would get Verses from all my Prophets but they seemed to stop on all my Prophets after the 4th one.

So overall, fun and powerful civ though a little buggy. If the Khopesh was upgradeable, the only changes I would make to this Civ would perhaps add +1 or 2 Food to the tile to make it self sustaining and then perhaps some Culture or Gold or Tourism to the tile once a certain tech or two has been discovered. I would also allow all Prophets to spawn a Verse as I can't imagine most games getting much more than 6 Prophets so it makes the UA actually reflect what is offered and it seems a more elegant solution to me.

Anyway, am happy with these first Civs, so I'm now going on to try JFD's new system type mods, like CID etc.

Apologies if this is not the right place to leave feedback on individual civs, but seemed to most appropriate to me.

Kopesh is a known bug, and I believe the Obelisk not being removable is intentional. There's only meant to be 4 verses, as indicated by the UI, and I suspect the choice is determined by historical accuracy. Nice to hear some balance stuff, though!

Just started playing VoxPops 30-7 with Djoser. Played with Neolithic Wonders and something felt strange so started a new game with IGE after deleting my cache and gave myself Masonry and all Techs from the Ancient Era. I had no Policies.

I used the Vizier from Masonry to drop a Limestone and added a Stone and Marble and gave myself the Goddess of Beauty (Culture and Faith from Wonders and +15% to Pre-Renaissance Wonders. I gave myself 2 additional workers and bumped my population to 4 so that after I constructed the three Quarries I could work them.

My pop was 4 and I was getting a 10% bonus to Wonders which transferred 50% to buildings for a 5% bonus. I think this bonus is specific to the Civ itself (or maybe base on the VoxPops and I never noticed)

So I was getting a base hammer count of 18.8 - 10 from Terrain 7 from buildings and 1.8 from population

When I was construction a building this would boost up to 19.74 from the 5% building modifier.

However, when I switched to building a wonder, I got the 60% bonus to wonders, 10% from Stone, 10% from Limestone, 15% from Marble, 15% from Goddess of Beauty, and the base 10% which I assume comes from the Civ. This 60% bonus contributed to a hammer count of 30.08.

If the Civ UA worked I would assume that I'd get the 30% discount to my buildings giving me a count of 25.66.

Can't remember if it is the same in vanilla Civ, but in VP Stone gives an additional 10% on top of the 15% from Marble.

So in my opinion the UA is not working when playing with VoxPops 30-7. Not sure about earlier versions.

I'll leave this Civ for awhile and try another instead. Shame, coz I loved my previous Akenhaten Egyptian game.

Oh please let me know if this kind of feedback is useful. I'd hate to give it and you come back and say its only suitable to be played with for the basic Community Patch and not the CBP/VP/full thingie.

Brain Boru of Ireland is the next one due by JFD. Some can be seen on the Civ V Mod Wiki in the Unreleased Civs section

Back
Top Bottom