JFD's The World According to Modders

It's great we've got such a supporting community to help Homusubi, but can't we also point out that they've just now risen from the grave?

Good to see you again, by the way ;)

Senshi! Hisashiburi desu ne! I still remember you as the only person to be hyped about updates to my mods!

P.S. This is pretty much a one-off, I have no plans to return to modding.

Ty Based Klisz, Bringer of Knowledge and Restorer of the Infobox!

All hail my glorious ability to view the wiki's edit histories, rivalling that of the Senshi of Denshi himself!

I'm pretty sure JFD's Frederick the Great has a male magical 'Girl' included in the mod support, so there's a precedent for using a male. It's possible that I'm mis-remembering though.

Yup. As will Ludwig. Gotta have dem magical boys (another quote to take out of context. Guess that's going in the WatM :p)

As do Hapshetsut and Victoria, despite the fact that for vanilla's female leaders WftW just automatically goes with the leader herself.

Oh that's cray.

I'm actually kind of interested in seeing the fanart provided I have enough bleach to wipe it off my brain afterwards.

Quick check - does Wish For The World have ethnic variations? Because I think it'd be nice to actually have a black magical girl.

I do believe that it could be possible, not exactly sure if he uses a single icon for all magical girls or if they change depending on the Civ.

Which, to be fair, should be relatively easy to do if my knowledge of how to do stuff for external mods isn't botched beyond relief.

I do believe that it could be possible, not exactly sure if he uses a single icon for all magical girls or if they change depending on the Civ.

Which, to be fair, should be relatively easy to do if my knowledge of how to do stuff for external mods isn't botched beyond relief.

They can change depending on the civ, but for vanilla civs they don't (except for female rulers who use the leader icon). Otherwise, the icon is customizeable.

They can change depending on the civ, but for vanilla civs they don't (except for female rulers who use the leader icon). Otherwise, the icon is customizeable.

Seems like there's one last icon I need to do, then ;)

I would like to elucidate about the last part there: each Magical Girl with a generic icon gets one that is randomly assembled out of parts (e.g. hair, skin, eye and clothing colour), which can then be changed manually by the player.

But you can also specify a custom icon that overrides the generic one - this is possible even if your leader is already female, if you want a different icon for them as a Magical Girl, or for some reason you want your Magical Girl to not be your female leader.

At the moment, though, they all use the same unit model - this one.

(This is all accurate to the last time I messed around with Wish for the World - if VV's updated it, some of this may have changed, but I doubt it.)

It's fine, I can cope with a Japanese emgee if they're what everyone else gets. Don't put yourselves out on my account. =]

I... may or may not be trying to hammer together a design brief for an actual black magical girl based on various quilted armour types commonly found in West Africa. I think they'd make for a cool costume, if done right. =]

It's fine, I can cope with a Japanese emgee if they're what everyone else gets. Don't put yourselves out on my account. =]

The model is actually more white-looking than Japanese (it was originally made as simply a female longswordsman, with no particular connections to magical girls), and the customizeable icon... well, being animu/mango-styled, it doesn't look particularly like any ethnicity (especially due to the customizeability; you could easily give her dark brown skin while playing).

However that quilted armor thing does indeed sound cool.

To find the Magical Girl in Civilization, check around 80% of ViceVirtuoso's Civilizations.

JFD, would it be a good idea to post your order of prioritisation on the front page? It would make everything clearer, plus people would be incentivised to do more work themselves in order to move their civ up the list.

JFD, would it be a good idea to post your order of prioritisation on the front page? It would make everything clearer, plus people would be incentivised to do more work themselves in order to move their civ up the list.

If I'm not mistaken there's a list on the google doc. Not sure how accurate it is though :p

Top Bottom