Join my marathon game

I’m ok with everything.. I like the start as it is but the game timer is so slow for units and things to build.. a quicker game type would be fine by me.. the more players the merrier afaic

Do you want to join the 5/8 game? I can open an AI slot there if you want. Also you can join the 4/8. That one did not yet start, see original post.

Unfortuantely due to some recent changes it does not seem to work, I get the same issue as in the redit thread:
"So this process is 4 years old. I just tried it now and have no luck. When I load the saved game up, the only option I'm given when selecting one of the AI characters is to Swap."
Any idea? Maybe someone else want to try? Or lets go on with 4/8? Did anyone happen to make a save before Ant quit?
Please vote:
1) There is no solution. Let us go on.
2) Let us try (and explain what and how should we try.)
In case everyone voted 1) I will make my move and we will go on with 4/8.

Last edited:
Oh there seems to be a solution, according to this:
During a PBC game, an autosave is created locally on the computer of the last human player in the list. i can confirm this, since I have them for DvsB (our game with Drag).
So whoever makes last move should have an auto save. I think it is Drag. Drag could you try to load the previous auto save (where Ant is still in) as in that thread, then we will join in order as described there.
Edit: afair this solution doesn't even need the internet->multiplayer workaround, just can be loaded to pbc.
I think the order is me, ant, plaidman, zarkon, drag. But not sure.

Last edited:
I think it is easier to start new game. And be careful with "quit" button next time.

I think it is easier to start new game. And be careful with "quit" button next time.
There is no complexity here. The way I understand it you simply click load save game button. You will there have the auto saves in a list (only you, because you are the last player, we dont have it). You chose the one before the last one. You load it. And then you send us the join code. Then we just join in the order I wrote. If it is more complex then that, then OK, lets just go on with 4/8. But lets try this at least once.

Yes, looks so, Plaidman, I think you were before Zarkon, right? So it is your turn to join.

It says 'unable to join gam, the game is already started'. 7qQO9 is the code?

I've loaded the game again, please join faster and in the order I specified.
Join code: bVg5z
So again Ant goes first.
Drag I think this is a wrong save game. It is turn 34 ,but we need turn 41, or maybe you don't have it? I can imagine that game is saved every like 10 turns only in which case this wont work. Although why then 34...
Plaidman, did you quit the original game? We are 3/8 there now.

Last edited:
Also those who didn't yet, please join the 4/8 one random leader game: YWVkq

Top Bottom