Just look at this and be amazed !!!

Because I am not interested to invest the effort for such a mod that I would never play myself. :dunno:
My time is limited as well so I rather invest my effort into my private WTP mod.
I guess I don't foresee it being a lot of effort, but then my foresight is a bit blurry. Thought you could just merge a little here and a little there, 20 minutes, and then, bam, something to play now and then for the sake of beauty if anything else.

I guess he just gave you the graphics, but not any python or xml?
No, I have all his work. (XML, Python, ...)

But obviously you have absolutely no idea what it means to merge 2 mods that have become so vastly different than a TAC modmod and a WTP modmod.
Merging the changes of 2 TAC releases into RaR 1.4 alone took me already 60 hours of effort and those mods were way closer related.

Seriously, I better stop discussion here before I accidently get impolite ...

Otherwise the answer has been given:

No, I will not publish any "TAC mod containing Melcher's stuff". If he had wanted that to happen, he could have done that himself.
And I will definitely not publish any "TAC + WTP + Melcher mod" that would take me easily 100 hours of effort.

Last edited:
Just love the graphics.
I do love them too. ;)

But why do you think we have not merged them yet into WTP?
Because it is massive effort to merge content of 2 such different mods ...
But yes, for doing it properly in WTP we woudl also have to create lots of new graphics ..

Sorry, I imagined the hang-up was only the work with new building graphics and python city screen tweaks needed. I boyishly hoped you could easily merge something with WtP's DLL, Melcher's Yields, Units and Buildings xml, maybe some artdefines, and then tape in his city changes into maininterface.py.

While the new interface and graphics look great, I feel they are less readable on smaller screens (e.g. sub-15" laptop or tablet) than the current ones. Maybe I am wrong, but this is the impression I get nevertheless.

Top Bottom