Keyboard Shortcuts

Michelangelo said:
Are you sure C is still center on unit. I think it's W in this version

w is Wait. it will command the selected unit to wait while you give commands to other units.

rbird said:
It gives you more control over the 3D view (zoom limits are removed, more possible angles, etc.). You have to enable it in the .ini file and then turn it on with Ctrl-F. I'm not exactly sure what the controls are in this mode (thus why I asked for it! :)) but I know they're different from the standard mode.

Bob

This is interesting. How do you enable it?

fightcancer said:
Sorry, snepp, I'm not sure what ya mean....

(The Home, End keys currently cycle through cities.)

The "home" key, as used in Civ3, SMAC, and virtually every single RTS ever made.

Hit "H", camera centers on the capital. Honestly, I'm dumbfounded this shortcut doesn't exist.

Controls for flying camera (that I know of) are up down left right (arrow keys) mousewheel, where

arrow keys rotate left right up down
and the mouse wheel gets you forward and backwards.
It's a bit like a flying submarine, e.g. a space ship.

parachute...

For the flying camera you can use the PgUp/PgDown keys to control altitude (much better than just diving with the mousewheel). Also, I find it easier to use th up/down arrows to control forward/backwards movement, as I get a smoother movement. Ah, and remember to take some pics (PrintScreen key) of your capital (turning off both units (CRTL-B) and the GUI (CRTL-I) :goodjob: )

I'd like to rename a unit. Does anyone know the hotkey for this?

snepp said:
What happened to the "home" key is what I'd like to know.

Yeah I miss it too, but it looks like they used 'H' for something else this time.

I find the best replacement, if not perfect, when you want to return from the other side of the planet, is to use the actual 'home' key to return to your nearest city and then manually scroll to the capital. Not a lot of use if your cities are spread around the globe of course.

Whomp said:
I'd like to rename a unit. Does anyone know the hotkey for this?

Dunno if there's a shortcut on the keyboard, but clicking on the unit's name in the Unit View (bottom left corner when the unit's selected) opens the rename dialogue.

I found that if you push "z," then the screen says something like "Grip Mode" and that makes the screen scroll oddly. (IIRC, you click somewhere and when you move the mouse, it keeps where you first clicked on screen, and it moves the screen...)
To get out of grip mode you press z again.
Could someone try this out more?

Hi Guys,

I have 3 spearmans, and 7 swordmans in the same tile (all fortified). How do I select the 7 swordman to attack my opponent?

What I did was:
1- activate a swordman,
2- ctrl-c,
3- Drag into the opponent.

Consequently, Only 1 swordman attacked !!!

Please help.

Thanks

PeterM said:
I have 3 spearmans, and 7 swordmans in the same tile (all fortified). How do I select the 7 swordman to attack my opponent?

If you select one of the swordsmen, and then ctrl-click on the space, that will select all of the swordsmen and none of the spearmen.

But really, you would rather select and attack with them one at a time, unless they all have exactly the same promotions and health. Because you can gain by controlling the order in which they fight, instead of letting the computer decide.

Is there shortcut for instructing several bombers to strike a locatation? I've tried the ctrl-click and it doesn't seem to work. While there are benefits to selecting individual ground and sea units it just gets too monatenous selecting every bomber to strike a position. :X

It's really strange because the game lets you "bomb" with several units just not strike.

PeterM said:
Hi Guys,

What I did was:
1- activate a swordman,
2- ctrl-c,
3- Drag into the opponent.

Consequently, Only 1 swordman attacked !!!

Please help.

Thanks
Wi1d said:
Is there shortcut for instructing several bombers to strike a locatation? I've tried the ctrl-click and it doesn't seem to work. While there are benefits to selecting individual ground and sea units it just gets too monatenous selecting every bomber to strike a position. :X

It's really strange because the game lets you "bomb" with several units just not strike.

Same solution applies to both of you. Turn on "Stack attack" in the options menu. Then, select the stack, and attack, or do your bombing mission, or what have you.

(NOTE: This will cause all of your ships to do recon to the same square if you happen to have them selected and hit the recon mission.....kind of annoying)

Q1: How to rearrange priority in production queue?
Q2: If deleting an item in queue what happens to those shields/hammers?

What about the shortcut to recreate the game map at startup? I read something about such a shortcut somewhere, but I cannot find the thread anymore...

Top Bottom