Keyboard Shortcuts

Good guide, printed this and taped to my monitor now. :goodjob:

Maybe I skimmed your (helpful) article too quickly, but I didn't notice the shortcut for adding a note to your game map: Alt-S. I learned this one by reading the tips as one of my world maps was being generated.

I find this very useful to remind myself where I want to place future cities. Also, sometimes you can deduce where an opponent's city must be because you can see the cultural border but not the city itself, so you can note its location. (Early in the game, you might even be able to figure out what the name of the city is if it's the capital or one of the first couple colonies.)

Question: I tried to download the Word doc and Netscape says no such file. Can someone help?

Thanks to all for clearing up the lack of a way to return to one's capital. I really, really, hate that. Really.

However, what I am most missing now, other than a separate map editing program, is setting one or more rally points. I saw a thread on this a month or so ago, but couldn't make it make sense, nor could I find any way to make it actually work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I am missing Alt-S from 1.52 Patch:
"- ALT-S now allows you to place signs"

A worthless city (A couple of tiles away from a couple of my wonder cities) from the Japanese culture-flipped to me. I dont want the city and it is a drag on my economy. :(

How can I disband/raze the city? I tried gifting the city to a different opponent, but that resulted in my losing a cow/metal resource that were in adjacent tiles to the fliiped city. :sad:

Thanks

night_f3 said:
How can I disband/raze the city?

If you turn down the option to raze it when it flips to you, then the only way to raze it later is to give it away (or let someone conquer it) and then recapture it.

Hmm, I have tried, without success to abandon a city (after mistakenly creating it). Civ 4 is new and sparkly, and desperately needs playing, but being unable to abandon a city is really testing my patience.

Archullus said:
...being unable to abandon a city is really testing my patience.

Well, that's just part of the game.

If you mistakenly create a city, the simplest thing to do would be to load the autosave file from immediately before that mistake.

You can set up the game so that it will autosave every turn.

Yes, I know. Tedious isn't it? NM it is only an issue if you have an antique of a PC like my 1.5Ghz thing. Loading time brews are me!

Is clicking the mouse wheel to center on the selected unit not considered a 'hotkey?' I noticed it wasn't in the list and other mouse shortcuts were.

Does anyone know if there's any shortcut key for the music playing in the custom folder? I mean, like, Next song, last song, pause... and so on. I've set the game to play the background music from my music folder, but I'd sometimes just like to skip to next songs, instead of just turning it off by Ctrl-M.

Many thanks in advance for help.

Jeffrey

civJeffrey said:
Does anyone know if there's any shortcut key for the music playing in the custom folder? I mean, like, Next song, last song, pause... and so on. I've set the game to play the background music from my music folder, but I'd sometimes just like to skip to next songs, instead of just turning it off by Ctrl-M.

Jeffrey

I would like to know this also. Is there a mod or anything for this?

Just mentioning what others have already pointed out.

civJeffrey said:

Jeffrey

Me Three.

Please someone help.

Top Bottom