Keyboard Shortcuts

Is there a way to select multiple military units at once from different tiles? This always happens to me: I have a bunch of military units scattered around on auto-explore and all of the sudden barbarians come to attack me. I want to select all of my military units (preferably from the Military Advisor, but that doesn't seem to work) and move them all to the location of the attack.

Also, what makes matters worse is that at the beginning of my turn all of my units keep auto-exploring and use up one of their movement turns. I don't know of a way to tell everyone to "STOP!" and give me a chance to re-route them before letting everyone continue. Is there some setting that will stop units from automatically continuing their movement at the beginning of each turn? Otherwise the Control+A shortcut seems a little pointless doesn't it?

Thanks for any responses :)

anyone know how to cycle through mp3's when using the 'custom soundtrack' feature? :scan:

Is there a way to select multiple military units at once from different tiles? This always happens to me: I have a bunch of military units scattered around on auto-explore and all of the sudden barbarians come to attack me. I want to select all of my military units (preferably from the Military Advisor, but that doesn't seem to work) and move them all to the location of the attack.
. I don't think there is a way to do that, besides I don't like using the auto explore option just for that reason
Also, what makes matters worse is that at the beginning of my turn all of my units keep auto-exploring and use up one of their movement turns. I don't know of a way to tell everyone to STOP! and give me a chance to re-route them before letting everyone continue. Is there some setting that will stop units from automatically continuing their movement at the beginning of each turn? Otherwise the Control+A shortcut seems a little pointless doesn't it? Thanks for any responses :)
In the options menu There's a setting "units start in auto explore" or something to that effect, just uncheck that

Hi, i know this might be very easy, but what is the key that i can hold down and build multiple farms, walls at one time? thanks

Hi, i know this might be very easy, but what is the key that i can hold down and build multiple farms, walls at one time? thanks

With the city's Auto-Gov on (not the Auto Build) if you select the :food: & :hammers: icons and have your workers on Auto they'll build nothing but farms and mines. Same if you have just the :commerce: icon they'll build cottages. Knowing what you want your city to be, using the city's Auto feature can work. Although I, and most players (except TheMeInTeam who uses the Auto feature very well) like to govern our workers ourselves.

Or use the Shift-Click while having your worker selected to assign multiple projects. ie: With your worker highlighted hold down Shift and click Farm, then Shift-click Goto and click where you want him to go, then Shift-click Farm, etc...

Hope that helps.

*EDIT: I'm using a Logitech G11(13,15) keyboard that has 54 programmable keys including key-mouse clicks! Only one I can't figure out is the waypoint keymap. I know shift-click city(s) and shift-rightclick a waypoint spot, but the mapper is having probs with it. But I'll figure it out!

I just bought a new laptop, an Acer Aspire 5532, running Windows 7 ... and for some reason, PgUp/PgDn do not work to zoom in/out. :/ Its very frustrating being stuck at the "default" zoom.

Yes, I do have Numlock disabled to use the keys on the keypad (frustratingly, they did away with dedicated PgUp and PgDn keys :/).

Just checked with a new game, and the issue seems to be that Civ IV completely ignores the Numlock status, so it always reads the keypad keys as being navigational. :/ This makes the game virtually unplayable unless I buy a separate keyboard, since I do not have Home, End, PgUp, nor PgDn keys except on the keypad and no scrollwheel for the touchpad, so I cannot zoom in nor out.

Just checked with a new game, and the issue seems to be that Civ IV completely ignores the Numlock status, so it always reads the keypad keys as being navigational. :/ This makes the game virtually unplayable unless I buy a separate keyboard, since I do not have Home, End, PgUp, nor PgDn keys except on the keypad and no scrollwheel for the touchpad, so I cannot zoom in nor out.

Or just get a separate keypad for that. Sucks having to get and extra anything just for a game:mad:

Does any one else have a one page this the link is not working? Thanks in advance

You'll find one in attachment.

This is not the original file (I made it myself, I stumbled upon this thread after while, and feeled like an idiot) but it is still one page .doc file with all the usefull shortcuts.

I used the shortcut page of the War Academy as a reference. I removed some, like the multiplayers one, but I think all of the usefull ones are here.

Attachments

• keyboardshorcuts.doc
    113.5 KB · Views: 398
Hello, is there a way to change the commands? I'm not confortable with them, so I want to tweak them a little bit.

Question: is there any way to get the F1-12 screens to appear on a mac? Because it seems that the default mac commands override the Civ4 commands.

Top Bottom