Keyboard Shortcuts

If some one has the file, please upload it to the CivFanatics File Database so it won't get lost again. :)

How do I set a waypoint for my city's production? Will this keep sending units after the current one is finished?

Shift + right clicking a tile will set a waypoint for whichever cities are selected. Shift right- clicking the city will cancel the waypoint. With multiple cities selected, right-clicking just one of the cities will cancel the waypoints for all of the cities.

I have taken some time off from playing civ and have a vague recollection of a keyboard shortcut that forces all workers with current orders to cycle thru.

Am I remembering something from a previous Civ? or am I just missing the shortcut in the posted list?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Rockhaven

I have taken some time off from playing civ and have a vague recollection of a keyboard shortcut that forces all workers with current orders to cycle thru.

Am I remembering something from a previous Civ? or am I just missing the shortcut in the posted list?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Rockhaven
I think this is CTRL-A and also affects all units with goto orders.

There is also an shortcut (can't remember which off hand) that cancels all queued orders. This is very useful (well would be if I could remember it) for instance when your workers are chopping forest to avoid hammers going towards the wrong build or when you need to respond to some unexpected event such as an unexpected AI DoW. Not that that ever happens in my games :lol:

I think this is CTRL-A and also affects all units with goto orders.

There is also an shortcut (can't remember which off hand) that cancels all queued orders. This is very useful (well would be if I could remember it) for instance when your workers are chopping forest to avoid hammers going towards the wrong build or when you need to respond to some unexpected event such as an unexpected AI DoW. Not that that ever happens in my games :lol:
Ctrl - A forces units with pre-turn orders to complete those orders (movements, worker builds, etc).

To issue a global cancel, select a worker (before it has done the current turns work), hold down the alt key and click in 'cancel orders'. That will free up all workers either this turn or next.

I've always used "F" for Fortify and when my Workers ran out of things to do, I would fortify them until later. But now in BtS, "F" also is used for building a Forest Preserve. So when I tried to fortify a bunch of Workers, they destoryed my Lumbermill for a Forest Preserve. Why would you have a keyboard command do 1 thing in a Forest and something completely different everywhere else??? :confused: :confused:

Workers don't fortify, they sleep. Fortifing implies a defensive bonus which workers, settlers, and such don't recieve, so they sleep instead. :)

Workers don't fortify, they sleep. Fortifing implies a defensive bonus which workers, settlers, and such don't recieve, so they sleep instead. :)

It's still pretty irritating to use F for one command for one type of unit, and for a different command for a different type of unit.

Do you know what the hotkey is for renaming units?

I don't think that is possible in Civ4. I thought you could do it by clicking on the unit's name and that would make a popup window. Dunno.

The file attachment doesnt seem to work. Someone should upload it.

Question - is there a way of creating a rally point for a city?

I don't think that is possible in Civ4. I thought you could do it by clicking on the unit's name and that would make a popup window. Dunno.
This way it should work

Question - is there a way of creating a rally point for a city?
Hmm - select the city bar on the map and press either Alt-RMB or Ctrl-RMB

You will see a green square marking the rally point

What is the keyboard shortcut for drawing lines in-game, I've seen some people on the forum do it, but I don't know how.

What is the keyboard shortcut for drawing lines in-game, I've seen some people on the forum do it, but I don't know how.

You have to zoom out to the level where you have the clouds visible, then use the leftmost button in the lower right corner to switch to "drawing" mode and select "new line". Have fun

Top Bottom