Klisz's civ icons

Klisz

King
I recently got Photoshop and now am addicted to messing around with Sukritact's civ icon template. Here are a couple icons, available for anyone to use.

Mali (the modern country, not the Empire). The background is an average of the current flag's green and gold.

San Marino

Marshall Islands

Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic

Arizona. Like with Mali, the background color is an average, here with a nice coincidence that it somewhat resembles the flag of Phoenix.

Those are some really nice icons, good to see another artist.

Those are some really nice icons, good to see another artist.

Thanks, but I'd hardly call myself an artist in any but the broadest sense of the word. :p (I'll reserve that title for when I've made at least a map. :D)

A few more.

Sassanids

Uzbekistan (the four other post-Soviet -stans each have one - Hiram made icons for Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, Gatoutak is making Kazakhstan and has an icon for it, and OW is making Turkmenistan and has an icon for it, so I thought I'd complete the set with an Uzbek icon.)

Abkhazia (Hiram posted an Abkhazian icon yesterday, but I thought the hand and stars from the flag were too nice to go to waste, so now I guess there's room for two modders to make Abkhazia civs without having to create their own icons. :p)

Nagorno-Karabakh (the colors are from JFD and Jan's Armenia, but reversed - a trick I stole from Nix's Wendish icon having reversed Frankish colors)

Friesland

Puerto Rico

Chad

Sarawak

Dominica

Looking good!

These look very nice! I downloaded Sukritact's Icon Template not too long ago, but I have no Idea how to use them with Photoshop...

These look very nice! I downloaded Sukritact's Icon Template not too long ago, but I have no Idea how to use them with Photoshop...

Sukritact provides instructions in the first post of the thread for the template; if there's anything in particular you don't understand I'll see if I can help.

Meanwhile, more icons!

Anguilla

Castile (using vanilla Spain colors)

León

Aragon

Navarre​

Just some simple questioning here but is there a reason that you pick such obscure civilizations to make icons for? In case someone wants to produce them or just for aesthetic? Because I believe without a doubt some of these icons are simply beautiful but the civilizations they represent are so offbeat and tangent in world history.

Just some simple questioning here but is there a reason that you pick such obscure civilizations to make icons for? In case someone wants to produce them or just for aesthetic? Because I believe without a doubt some of these icons are simply beautiful but the civilizations they represent are so offbeat and tangent in world history.

Mostly just for the aesthetic, as well as by selecting Freeciv civs, countries in Paradox games, etc. at random and challenging myself to make a suitable icon.

I presume it's a relatively enjoyable pass-time as well?

That Uzbekistan icon from earlier is outstanding btw! As well as everything else, of course! :)

I'm gonna need that Epirus icon for when i get round to doing it. Greek States are mah thang.

I'm gonna need that Epirus icon for when i get round to doing it. Greek States are mah thang.

Alpha:

Background: #ba7148 (0.729, 0.443, 0.282); foreground: #f2dcaa (0.949, 0.863, 0.667)

Top Bottom