Languages of Erebus?

Thimblyjoe

Vampire Lord
Is there a common language in Erebus that everyone speaks? Does each race have it's own language? each country? The discussion about the names of the Golem buildings made me think of this and I got curious. Is this topic actually defined at all in the lore, or is it all uncharted territory?

wow, this is great stuff. Thanks guys. Sorry I didn't search deep enough into the vaults of lore we got here :lol:

I win again! (Have I won before? All I know is that if you divide 2009 by 3 and then take the product of all the digits in the result only once, which is 6+9+7 = 18 and then divide 2009 by this number, you get lots of one's. And since I discovered this must mean I am the One, yes the One, plus a six for companion).

I win again! (Have I won before? All I know is that if you divide 2009 by 3 and then take the product of all the digits in the result only once, which is 6+9+7 = 18 and then divide 2009 by this number, you get lots of one's. And since I discovered this must mean I am the One, yes the One, plus a six for companion).

I don't get it... :confused::confused::confused:

Do the math. It's easy. I didn't get it either then I did the math!:D The answer is
........_
.........................................................._
For those of you who don't know what the.....means, it means the 1 is repeated forever.
........................................................................................_
EDIT: Sorry about the periods. The post got screwed up and the.....got moved where I didn't want it.

I wonder how many words the orcs have for 'kill'?

Let's see. There's words for a kill in honorable one-on-one combat, a a predator killing its prey (which is sometimes used as an insult to the deceased), a kill in war, a kill done with dark magic, a kill done with elemental magic, a sacrifice done by a physical weapon, a sacrifice that uses magic, a cowardly murder, a kill that leaves the victim utterly unrecognizable, and a kill so utterly hilarious it has to be seen to be believed.

Ahahahaha...thats alot of kill words.....my favourite is the kill so hilarious it has to be seen to be beleived :lol:

There's about 30,592,675,032,918,490,297,690,123,540,454,543,343,232 kill words you forgot. Although 9,863,450,021 of those actually mean murder. 98,723,657,340,921 mean homicide. And 7 mean "Beaten 19 times with a rock".

There's about 30,592,675,032,918,490,297,690,123,540,454,543,343,232 kill words you forgot. Although 9,863,450,021 of those actually mean murder. 98,723,657,340,921 mean homicide. And 7 mean "Beaten 19 times with a rock".

Yeah, that's why Clan research is so slow. People think it's because orcs are dumb, but really, it's because whenever you get a bunch of Clan sages together, there's always that one guy who insists everyone use exactly the right word for the kind of killing being discussed. Then the other sages get angry and start arguing about exactly which word is appropriate. Usually by the end, half of the sages are dead, and a few weeks worth of study is destroyed.

If after all these problems they only wind up with -10% to research, they're pretty goddamn smart.

I now see orc science in a brand new light.

They have a lot of sages, maybe?

In a society where the intelligence is more evenly spread, the common people get more room to voice their opinion on these topics. And when everyone is a scientist...

Btw, how smart are the Goblins (and lizards)? If they are smarter than the Orcs then maybe they compensate (but not enough).

Top Bottom