Latest Release

Jimmyh

Prince
Here you will find the latest release of IndieCiv.

All releases can be found at http://indieciv.codeplex.com/.

The latest release can be found here, http://indieciv.codeplex.com/releases/view/97584

A new version has been uploaded which you can download from the above link.

The latest version has had a lot of work around being able to import uncompressed BIC files. When starting the editor you will have the option to start a new mod, import a bic or load a previously save mod.

If you select to import a BIC you will need to have an uncompressed BIC ready to import. You will then be presented with with options of what BIC parts to import, this is currently in development and all options should be selected. You will then be presented with a window where you get the option to enter search paths for unit flc files, only global paths are taken into account at the moment. After a short while you should appear at the editor, at this point your mod has been save into the Mods folder. If you close down the editor and then reload it you can then select to load a mod, when the file dialog appears just navigate to the mods folder and highlight your mod.

I have uploaded a video showing the importing of a BIC file.

Link to video.

Will it come with a pumpkin patch?

Seems I'll need to download bits and bods to get this to work..... dll.....{s} etc ......

Q: why 3 "IndieCivEditor"(s)?

Seems I'll need to download bits and bods to get this to work..... dll.....{s} etc ......

It was built on windows 7, so if you still have xp then having to download extra dll's might be required.

Are you able to list which one's it's asking for?

Q: why 3 "IndieCivEditor"(s)?

What?

I Have 2 Windows 7 Home Premium laptops. Both laptops are also 64 bit.

In my IndieCiv Folder I have what seems to me 3 Editor options;

1:= IndieCivEditor - [error reads- program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing ... .Try reinstalling the program to fix this.]

2:= IndieCivEditorD - [error reads- program can't start because MSVCP100D.dll is missing ... .Try reinstalling the program to fix this.]

3:= IndieCivEditorR - [error reads- program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing ... .Try reinstalling the program to fix this.]

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

In my IndieCiv folder I have the following:
Folder>"Assets"
Folder>"Maps"
Folder>"Mods"
BITMap>"BIC"
BITMAP>"BICDisabled"
ㅁ IndieCivEditor
ㅁ IndieCivEditorD
ㅁ IndieCivEditorR
ㅁ (.dll) - Irrlicht.dll
BITMAP>"NEW"
BITMAP>"NEWDisabled"
BITMAP>"Open"
ㅁ "Settings" (Configuration Settings).

The folder is just sitting on my desktop...should I move it ???

I Have 2 Windows 7 Home Premium laptops. Both laptops are also 64 bit.

In my IndieCiv Folder I have what seems to me 3 Editor options;

1:= IndieCivEditor - [error reads- program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing ... .Try reinstalling the program to fix this.]

2:= IndieCivEditorD - [error reads- program can't start because MSVCP100D.dll is missing ... .Try reinstalling the program to fix this.]

3:= IndieCivEditorR - [error reads- program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing ... .Try reinstalling the program to fix this.]

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

In my IndieCiv folder I have the following:
Folder>"Assets"
Folder>"Maps"
Folder>"Mods"
BITMap>"BIC"
BITMAP>"BICDisabled"
ㅁ IndieCivEditor
ㅁ IndieCivEditorD
ㅁ IndieCivEditorR
ㅁ (.dll) - Irrlicht.dll
BITMAP>"NEW"
BITMAP>"NEWDisabled"
BITMAP>"Open"
ㅁ "Settings" (Configuration Settings).

The folder is just sitting on my desktop...should I move it ???

Probably just best to delete what you have and just get the latest as IndieCivEditorD and R are from the previous release.

I'll look into the missing dll problem. Not able to produce a new exe at the moment as I'm in the middle of some new code.

In the mean time you could try installing this. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523 This version is for 64bit windows.

For 32bit you can get that here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

Well I got a big white box with a red X across it. So I guess that is something.

OK, how did you break it.

The download contained a rar file with 3 files inside it, those 3 files should all be in the same directory.

Can you send me a screen shot?

Top Bottom