latin american civilization

ist..since1453

Chieftain
iam looking forward to see latin american civ(or empire maybe).those latin nations shares nearly same culture.they are really important..don't say they are continuation of spanish,portuguese people..then what is america??(no offence to our ultra-sensible american friends)

latin american empire as a whole would be cool..

simon bolivar would be a right decision for a leader who wanted all latin american
nations under one flag..

pablo neruda would be a good addition as a great artist to the game..

your opinions..

asabahi said:
I do not know if people from different latin countries would agree with your assesment that they are all the same or that they are a continuation of spanish and/or portuguese people.

I think the OP said they aren't a continuation of spanish/portuguese.

Maybe choose a couple Latin American countries.

I wanna be Castro. Protective and Charismatic. Favorite civic is State Property. Unique unit ... ?? Unique Building: Cigar Shop.

as a whole no, as seperate nations yes :)

not going to happen anytime soon though

we do have mods that add Latin American countries

ShaLouZa said:
Brazil's UU : hot chicks. :drool:

can seduce units to join your civ :mischief:

-75% accuracy for enemy male units who has them in their LOS. :D

And -50% speed, it's difficult to walk with pants too tight.

Aztecs? Incas?

I know you're asking for post-Spanish conquest Latin countries, but historically, there's not much in the way of a great Latin empire to base one on. Can't imagine what "advantages" a Castro leader would have. Special ability: cities lose population every turn, that swamp nearby civs with refugee camps. New luxury resource: Cuban cigars... which don't do you any good, because your civ is always under trade embargo with all neighboring civs.

ZhaLouZa said:
Brazil's UU : hot chicks.
Heheh.

ShaLouZa said:
Brazil's UU : hot chicks. :drool:

Why do so many people think Brazil has the hottest women? :confused:

Is it the thongs, excessive tans, and 14 yr old prostitutes that attract many?

If you ask me, I'd rather be in the Czech Republic or somewhere in Scandinavia for some hotties! :eek: :goodjob:

lmao ragnar hottie what about french woman hairy arm pits annd body oder mmmmmmm good

Brazil could make a credible claim to be an Empire. Bolivar would be a great leader but I don't know what civ you would attach him to, Venezuela? He forged a nation of northern South America, I think, but it quickly split into Venezuela, Colomia and Ecuador. Mariscal Sucre should be a Great General. So should Che Guevara. If Pablo Neruda's not already a Great Artist that's ridiculous, he definitely should be. (I'd add Tito Puente too . . . are Dylan and Springstein?)

And Ecuador has the prettest women, they wear more and have less surgery than the Brazilian "gold standard", but they're absolutely beautiful.

There is actually no reason to have a modern Latin American civ. Incans, Aztecs... the only thing missing now are the Mayans. Ok maybe I'll cave in to say Evita Peron could lead Argentina. :lol:

Donkey Puncher said:
lmao ragnar hottie what about french woman hairy arm pits annd body oder mmmmmmm good
You've never been with a french woman I see. Well, I guess you've never been with a woman at all.

ist..since1453 said:
your opinions..

I'd be ok with Mayas in a future, possible expansion. But with Aztecs and Incas already in the game, I see no reason to add present-day nations. We don't have Italy either because Rome is in.

For that matter, I don't know why Maya isn't included. They built a more lasting civilization compared to the Aztecs. I still don't know what the Aztecs did besides turning some neighbouring city states into vassals and then getting defeated by the Spanish. I suspect even Toltecs may be a better choice. Quetzlcoatl as a leader, white mask and all, anyone?

Aztecs have more name recognition and I think have been with Civ since the beginning. Certainly Maya are a good choice.

how about the Moche

As far as I'm aware (and I'm no expert) there was no unified Mayan state prior to the arrival of Europeans. The great Mayan relics were, instead, a result of a number of small kingdoms engaged in a state of perpetual warfare. I'm not sure they are a good choice.

Thedrin said:
As far as I'm aware (and I'm no expert) there was no unified Mayan state prior to the arrival of Europeans. The great Mayan relics were, instead, a result of a number of small kingdoms engaged in a state of perpetual warfare. I'm not sure they are a good choice.

The Aztecs didn't really have such a political unity either. In fact, if you want to be strict about it, they should be called an 'alliance' and not an empire.

Mayan history is very long compared to the Aztecs'.

Thedrin said:

As for that matter, there never was a "Viking Empire" either. Vikings were simply Scandinavian sea-robbers.

If the question of a Latin American civ arises, I'd vote for Brazil, with Dom Pedro II as its leader. Unique unit: Bandeiras, those horsed, ruthless but very brave slavers (largely mestizos) who conquered most of present-day Brazil without even asking the Portuguese government for permission. The Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer has made a famous monument of them that can be found in Brasilia.

It is ironical that Dom Pedro II, an able and well-meaning man, was finally deposed as Emperor because he abolished slavery. His act led to him losing the support of the conservatives while the liberals still hated him on principle.

Top Bottom