Liberations / friendly terrain bonus bugs?

Dark_MadMax

Chieftain
+Currently playing deity game which turned out to be quite interesting , but 2 things bother me:

1) Ghandi's (he is crazy warmonger somehow) units have +33% friendly bonus in my territory! WTF?

2) Washington got pretty good early start with cities all over the place but Liz and Ghandi owned him hardcore. I thought I could give cities back to him , but it didnt give me that option with San Fran, but gave for LA. Why?

p.s. Liz is friggin monster she owns insane amount of cities. I dread the moment she finishes washington. Cause I am already fighting Ghandi and Napoleon and my forces are stretched. My capital is surrounded by Liz cities so I have no Idea how I would win it back :/

Shall I play taps?:)

1. Probably a bug.
2. I did not even know you COULD liberate cites belonging to other civs

It seems to be a bug or I dont get something. So I had some sort of permanent open borders FOR THEM (since I traded it for gold it just got stuck there forever). But worst of all I played all the way to the final showdown with elizabeth, but she has same bug - 33% bonus in MY LANDS.

I verified there is no policy to enable such bonus in enemy lands, there is 33% flat one for 20 turns, but neither of them are in industrial are to even have it possible

Its really game breaking as I have to fight hordes of her units and she has some tech advantage ( 0.5 tier ahead of me)

p.s. Liberating seems only possible when civ is completely conquered. They werent conquered when I was capturing SF but were a few times later when I did LA

p.s. Liberating seems only possible when civ is completely conquered. They werent conquered when I was capturing SF but were a few times later when I did LA

Yep, believe that's how it works. Maybe when you conquered the other city he still had one somewhere.

You could always gift the city back to them if they're still alive. I do that sometimes to alleviate the happiness drain...

I'm getting quite sick of being punished for empire-building though. Feels like I'm encouraged to wage perpetual war to make this game fun, and I'm a builder at heart.

Top Bottom