LK30 - Regent, city placement training.

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
The ONLY aspect that I will talk about is city placement
I have noticed several players that don't like to place cities or go first. To help that, I am doing a city placement training game. This will be the ONLY thing discussed. Once the initial expansion phase is done, I won't comment on anything - at the point my only role will be "nagging" for moves. I will place the first city.

As soon as a settler is available, you must pause your turn.
You will create a dot-map proposing city sites, and post the map.

Don't even move the settler one square toward is probable area.
The southern city may be more important then the northern city.

The game will be on a standard map. The civ will be random.

I want to get five players in this game.

Yay! I'm the first person. I need a lot of practice on this. I would like to join please.

But like I said, I am not very good at all at placing cities, so I may not be able to put places where I think they should go.

I am always up for any help that is out there. I will join only if you are short a few people. Consider me as an alternate if you can't get 5. I think you will

Hotrod

1 - gunning1
2 -
3 -
4 -

5? - hotrod0823

This will be 10 turns, with mandatory pause the second a settler is available to move.

1 - gunning1
2 - robehans
3 -
4 -
5? - hotrod0823

@robehans - Some overlap to get the river is general better.

I was begining to get nervous on this one, so glad to finally get #2 :)

I would like to try this! My city placement really stinks, and I need to practice at regent. I'm not very good at civ3, but I promise I won't botch the game up too bad! ;)

Maybe if you put me a but farther down on the list it would be good :o

I would like to join the game :)

If Nick014 wants to be further down in the list, I could be number 3.

1 - gunning1
2 - robehans
3 - Nick014
4 - Kublai-Khan

5? - hotrod0823
#5 is a standby if no-one else, so I will wait a few more hours.

I would like to play, but hotrod can if he wants to.

Settings are:
Standard size world, Roaming Barbs, Random Terrain, no respawn garbage, regent, 7 rivals.
The random civ turns out to be the Germans.

We have a lot of decisions to make in 4000 BC. Before I decide anything, the 2 black squares are out. Both would actually cost us production, as we lose the advantage of the grape food bonus. The grapes on the hill will be an excelent square - 2 food, 2 shields after mining - jumping to 3 shields after we leave depotism. The presence of the goody hut further confuses the matter, as a hut popped before any city is build can't produce barbarians. My choice is pretty much "forced" and the worker gets the order to pop the hut. The Vandal tribe teaches us pottery :)

Moving the worker reveals more UGLY terrain. The red box area would pretty much use up all of the valueable terrain we know about. The yellow lines represent the best area for city #2. I want the 2 wines (blue wines) with the first cities borders. The white lines are the important squares to take control of with the first 2 cities. With the amount of mountains around, there is a risk that the plains me not be irragated until electricity. Looking the situation, here is the first city:

The off-white "X" will be the second city.
The spot with the jungle is preferred - I think it will be a coastal square.
We may as well take advantage of the free clearing of a jungle square by placing the city.

NOTE: I did NOT hit F6 and make the initial science choice

===========================

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/LK30-3950BC.zip

===========================

gunning1 (EXCEPTION: Play until 3000 BC, then 10 turns / play begins)
robehans
Nick014
Kublai-Khan
da_greatest

10 turns per player
24 hours for got it, 48 hours total time

You must pause your turn the second a settler is BUILT and propose the city to be built.
At the point I will comment on city choice and the proposed location, and you will finish your turn

I simply use the paintbrush program that comes with windows XP and save the output as a .jpg file.

The presence of the goody hut further confuses the matter, as a hut popped before any city is build can't produce barbarians.

Actually, the rule is that a hut popped when you do not have any military units can't produce barbarians. You didn't need to use the worker there; it could have moved onto the wines square in 4000 BC to start improving it.

Hmmm....

The trainer learns a lesson ;)

2 turns wasted :(

Top Bottom