Votes: 5 7.5%
  • JosEPh_II

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Praetyre

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Epi3b1rD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This Binary math you're talking about, is it all together in the code, or scattered all around? If it's all together, could you paste it here, or tell us in which file it is? I'm curious to see it.

Ah, I see that I misunderstood the nature of the problem. Gotcha. Good luck with all that. I will also say a hearty "Thank You" for being willing to least try to fix the problem.

Pity about n47. We may have to look into pulling in outside help. Have you thought about doing a websearch on the problem and see if anyone else has had the issue to see how (or if) they dealt with it?

Update: (which answers to questions being asked for the most part)

Alberts2 has heroically looked into things and verified that I'm not losing my mind here. However, he answered the question I really should have thought to ask... 'are the source files I'm compiling from able to generate a good DLL in the first place?'. The answer to that is : NO. I'm blaming my fixes for causing problems they aren't causing. So that means I CAN fix this issue. I've skinned the cat 20 different ways, most of them successfully. The PROBLEM is that the source files have some bugs that I didn't think they had as they are on the SVN. This relates back to when I was trying to hack my way past a password (that I STILL don't have just in case we need to do that again someday!)

So what I need to do is clear now. I need to figure out the revision from the core that these files are based on (Joe? You might be able to help with that while I'm at work here as you're usually really good with archiving references... we had a chat about it a while back - do you recall which core mod revision these source files are from?) and then modify for this bug and the great wall bug we had a while back and voilla, we'll have a working DLL. This should be doable by the end of the day I hope.

On a side-note, the US MP game is going to be up a creek until this is solved too since I just reverted recent changes and re-compiled and put that dll on the SVN for use - this new revelation means that this DLL will also be heavily corrupted, even without the 'fix' included.

This Binary math you're talking about, is it all together in the code, or scattered all around? If it's all together, could you paste it here, or tell us in which file it is? I'm curious to see it.
Check out Sources\FFreeListTrashArray.h

Is it the .DLL file you want? I have the Original July 2014 version and the Feb 2015 version. The Feb 2015 was your 1st major change to the C2C MP files from the original.

I also have a Nov 2015 version which brought the C2C MP up to v36 Caveman2Cosmos level. This is the one that went bad for the Massive game iirc.

I actually have full versions of the 1st 2 iterations for C2C MP if you need them. I suppose if need be I could use my dropbox acct for them if you need the whole mod(s).

And the last Email I had from Claire, n47, was over a year ago. She was trying to finish a project for the ppl she worked for. She was a theoretical scientist in eastern europe. The health issue she had was wasting her body away rapidly.
EDIT: Last EM was April of 2014.

JosEPh

Last edited:
I also have a Nov 2015 version which brought the C2C MP up to v36 Caveman2Cosmos level. This is the one that went bad for the Massive game iirc.
I need the source files from this version. I can compare them to the current and I'll know what is a fix that should stay from what is a bugged code that has to go.

It's too bad about n47 (Claire). I pray she found a way to experience a recovery.

EDIT: All I should really need is the Main SVN version those source files were derived from and I should be able to recover things here.

Last edited:
Win rar'd the Nov 2015 is 30+MB, does the new forum allow this big of a file upload?
(answer is no)
The Feb 2015 rar'd is 117MB!

I can't upload directly, file to large, so I will upload to my dropbox and then post the link.

Do you want both of these versions Source folders? Or is the Nov sufficient for now?

JosEPh

I need the source files from this version. I can compare them to the current and I'll know what is a fix that should stay from what is a bugged code that has to go.

It's too bad about n47 (Claire). I pray she found a way to experience a recovery.

EDIT: All I should really need is the Main SVN version those source files were derived from and I should be able to recover things here.
SVN 3871
EDIT: Dropbox link for Nov Sources folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/up2eom6r9xpqkeo/Nov2015Sources.rar?dl=0

Prior revision SVN 3197 thru 3226. Took you quite some time on that one.
JosEPh

Last edited:
Ok, y'all, we owe alberts2 a HUGE thanks! Between the two of us we managed to get this fully sorted out and I would NEVER have been able to unlock the puzzle he solved. There were multiple challenges to overcome to get us back on track but I'm happy to say we are now officially capable of continuing play. I've tested fully to absolutely ensure that we are out of the woods here and aren't wasting our time to update and continue.

So once again, update the dll (and UserSettings file if you haven't yet!) and continue in both games from where we left off. Praetyre's turn in the maingame and Rightfuture's turn in the US game.

Game on folks!

Done. I don't know if this means anything, but it asked me to overwrite the "C2C_Humans_Vs_Humans_BC-6810_to_Whisperrr.Civ4BeyondSword" save. Maybe it previously managed to create or partially create said save despite the crash? Hopefully my overwriting (I copy-paste the SVN save and overwrite the "C2C_Humans_Vs_Humans.Civ4BeyondSword" save every time I take a new turn, as I imagine most of you do) will have no adverse effects.

Done. I don't know if this means anything, but it asked me to overwrite the "C2C_Humans_Vs_Humans_BC-6810_to_Whisperrr.Civ4BeyondSword" save. Maybe it previously managed to create or partially create said save despite the crash? Hopefully my overwriting (I copy-paste the SVN save and overwrite the "C2C_Humans_Vs_Humans.Civ4BeyondSword" save every time I take a new turn, as I imagine most of you do) will have no adverse effects.
DANGER! Yes that means something! It means that you had ended this turn previously and had the old automatic save that takes place at the end of the turn still in the folder it gets automatically saved to. The danger here is that when it overwrites that save that already exists, it throws off the end of turn save sequence and freezes the game on your turn. Thus if you load a save like that you'll end up loading at the end of your turn and having no way to get to the next player's turn.

What you need to do (as soon as possible):
1) Go in and delete that previous save. Clear out any save in your 'My Games' folder, where the save automatically goes at the end of the turn. Make sure that file is empty.

2) Rightclick on the svn repository (the folder you get your savegame from when it's time to take your turn) and select the tortoise command to 'update to revision' and update to the revision number I just committed last night. (4547)

3) That puts it back on your turn. Retake your turn.

4) Very important THIS step comes next! - UPDATE the MP SVN repository folder again so that it brings the turn you just committed up to the current save file in the svn.

THEN

5) Replace the turn you just committed with the one you just completed by replaying your turn.

6) Commit again.

Read these instructions very carefully and take each step one at a time and it should be easily negotiated.

Last edited:
DLL and User Settings replaced by the ones from revision 4547

Turn Done and Hydro is up!

I'm really glad this game is going on again ;)

A Big thanks to alberts2 for the help with this issue!!! This game is a great experience to me, I really didn't want to see it die.
And also a Massive thanks to T-Brd for persevering for so long in the issue and trying to correct it.

:thanx:

I was going to use the :thumbsup: or :goodjob: smilies but it seems they've been removed. What's funny though, is that :thumbsdown: still exists...
:hmm:

@T-Brd
I didn't have time to check the FFreeListTrashArray file yet, but I will. Thanks for the answer :D

T-brd next...Gah! That was like going back to The Land That Time Forgot!!! :p:D

JosEPh

Top Bottom