Votes: 5 7.5%
  • JosEPh_II

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Praetyre

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Epi3b1rD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I guess Whisperr took her turn without posting since it seems to be my turn. Anyway, assumed this is correct and taken it, so over to Magnus again...

I guess Whisperr took her turn without posting since it seems to be my turn. Anyway, assumed this is correct and taken it, so over to Magnus again...
Oh... dang sorry I forgot to mention it or tell her to mention it on the forum.

I'm done with my turn.

For some reason, Hydro's last post didn't show up in my Alerts list, but Spirictum's did. I have no idea why.

T-brd next

JosEPh

When does it crash? At the red button?

EDIT: NVM, I found out when. It's a different problem at least. But it's gonna take me a minute to compile a debug dll that can attach properly.

EDIT: Ok, debugged. Once I get this new dll committed, we'll all have to update dll's again. Surely we're getting used to how to go about that at this point.

Alberts2 encountered a similar issue in another mod and came up with the most extraordinary fix. It's basically a sour point in the standard methods employed in Vanilla and the coolest thing about it is that now that he's cracked the 'code' fix, it can be easily used to correct wherever we see the problem.

So not only has his fix proven to work properly here, it's pointed out where it needs to be applied for any potential issue of the same nature in the main mod as well... so that's cool. The next main mod update will have that fix in place too.

Anyhow, it's compiling right now and will be on the MP SVN soon.

Last edited:
Deleted my folder, copy-pasted the new one over, tried again, still didn't work. Copy-pasted over the save again, tried again, it seemed to go on noticeably longer at the end of turn (a lot of animal movements, almost as if its using Hide and Seek since I couldn't see all of the movements) but still crashed.

Last edited:
Uh oh! :eek::cringe:

JosEPh

Deleted my folder, copy-pasted the new one over, tried again, still didn't work. Copy-pasted over the save again, tried again, it seemed to go on noticeably longer at the end of turn (a lot of animal movements, almost as if its using Hide and Seek since I couldn't see all of the movements) but still crashed.
It ran fine on the debug dll. Hmm... I'll test again... and yeah it runs fine for me all the way through on the main as well. I'm not sure what's taking place at this point.

But remember, too, you must not have the end of turn save on your system so that it overwrites it again or you'll freeze the game on your turn as you did last time.

I might suggest to try a fresh checkout of the mod folder straight into the mods folder in BtS. Certainly makes updating much easier.

Last edited:
@T-brd,
I think you have the wrong files for C2C MP. Why, because as I updated I have the "update" pop up show More Details. And as the files are being placed into the BtS/Mods/C2C MP folder I notice the Religion Rodinvera (sp?), Sparth's Newest Religion addition was part of the file set. That is C2C Assets not C2C MP. And that probably explains why Praetyre is having trouble.

You might want to double check.

JosEPh

I have the "update" pop up show More Details.
Not sure what you mean by this.

Rodnovera was and has been a part of our assets since our v36 update at least.

Thanks for running a 3d party check. I'm definitely confused now as to how I'm able to run this and y'all can't.

As for the animals, it's just showing the enemy moves as it normally would if you have that Civ option on.

EDIT: just tested again. I cannot get it to crash with this DLL.

@Praetyre... maybe send me a PM with instructions on what you want done in the round and I'll take those actions and get it through this turn? Should be fine after we get through this turn, even if the problem has to do with something specifically taking place due to an operating system difference.

Last edited:
Just for giggles, I tried running Praetyre's turn using the version before Thunderbrd's most recent dll changes. It crashed while moving the Barb's/Animals, as expected. Then I updated to the most recent version, and the turn played smoothly. No crash.

[As a note Praetyre, you really should be hunting all those animals. You probably knew that. I'd recommend building your Hunters before doing what your main city is doing. Heck, where you are, you really don't need city defense, so all that stuff just chilling could go out hunting as well.]

If desired, I can post the end-of-turn save produced at my end for Praetyre's turn. Or I can delete it.

As to system, I am running Windows 8.1. Not sure how that would make a difference though.

I can also confirm that Rodnovera has been in C2C MP since at least three updates ago (IE, the one just before all this recent trouble began). Not sure exactly when that was, but it was a while ago.

Well... we DO have a real problem here. I can get past Praetyre's turn but cannot then load whisperr's. The problem is a little more mysterious than it was last time so it's going to take further investigation.

Top Bottom