Material supply paradox?

myclan

King
Material is a very good system. Units need material to recover their damages. So no material supply, no war. But it falls into paradox that even I had run out of material, which mean all my badly damaged tanks had lost their ability to fight, I can still build new tanks go on my war, and just disband all the badly damaged tanks if the number of limit exceed. Is it a bit strange that I can't repair my tanks but can build up a new army?

Also, buy war bomb seems to be a very bad idea. Let's take light tanks as an example. They need 10 material to recover 1 hp, which means a half damaged(e.g. 40/75hp) need 350 material, almost 468hammers. But those hammers are more enough to build a new one.

It seems that building a new army is almost always better than sticking on the old. I know xp may causes difference, but you have to choose to preserve the most elite army when you just facing material problem.

Any one has similar opinion?

I do agree, in the overhaul version, you'll have to keep a materiel reserve to be able to build units.

I do agree, in the overhaul version, you'll have to keep a materiel reserve to be able to build units.
But I think "keep a minimum material reserve to buid unit" will not solve all of the problem. I may still choose to disband the badly damaged unit to prevent running out of material, and the build a new one. I think building unit itself cost material is a good idea. "Hammers" just like phisical labor, it can change into material (buy war bond), or change material into unit(building unit)

But I think "keep a minimum material reserve to buid unit" will not solve all of the problem. I may still choose to disband the badly damaged unit to prevent running out of material, and the build a new one. I think building unit itself cost material is a good idea. "Hammers" just like phisical labor, it can change into material (buy war bond), or change material into unit(building unit)

Yes, that how I plan it: you reserve a minimal stock of materiel (using slider), and when you build an unit, materiel is removed from that stock.

Materiel above the "reserve" is used for reinforcement and upgrade.

Yes, that how I plan it: you reserve a minimal stock of materiel (using slider), and when you build an unit, materiel is removed from that stock.

Materiel above the "reserve" is used for reinforcement and upgrade.

My suggestion is that when you add hammers to a unit, add material cost in next turn calculator (e.g. 300Hammer Light Tank, 75hp, 1hp 10material/10 personnel, so 10 material+10personnel / 4 hammers. If a city produce 40 hammers per turn try to build a light tank, add 100material and personnel cost to the calculator. If material cost > reserved material, building progress is forced to halt.

Of course an alternative way is just add the whole cost to the next turn calculator(like 750material for light tank). It makes the counting less complexed, but if try to change to produce another unit, you may suffer extra material loss for a part-built unit.

My suggestion is that when you add hammers to a unit, add material cost in next turn calculator (e.g. 300Hammer Light Tank, 75hp, 1hp 10material/10 personnel, so 10 material+10personnel / 4 hammers. If a city produce 40 hammers per turn try to build a light tank, add 100material and personnel cost to the calculator. If material cost > reserved material, building progress is forced to halt.
Thats how I wanted it initially, but I didn't found how to make it friendly for the AI (handling "progress is forced to halt")

Of course an alternative way is just add the whole cost to the next turn calculator(like 750material for light tank). It makes the counting less complexed, but if try to change to produce another unit, you may suffer extra material loss for a part-built unit.
Once you start again, the materiel is not taken again.

Top Bottom