[LP] April 2023 Update - Patch Notes Discussion (Music Bug Fixed)

It wasn't included in a patch per se since you needed to link your 2K account to get it. But, it was available at the same time as GS when it launched in Feb. 2019. And, AFAIK it's never been enabled by default, so the only reason you'd need to manually disable it is if you had enabled it previously.

p.s. I like it and have it enabled all the time. 😏
Frequently, new patches enable all mods. That's probably why the Scout Cat was enabled.

Frequently, new patches enable all mods. That's probably why the Scout Cat was enabled.
That's rarely been the case in my experience. Usually they are only enabled when there's a significant change to the game files. Which, admittedly may have been the case here with the move of several files now being stored in the AppData directory as of the Great Builders update.

However, I believe the Scout Cat DLC is the only official content that doesn't have the EnabledByDefault property defined in it's modinfo. In which case I believe it defaults to False and so technically shouldn't ever be enabled automatically.

However, I believe the Scout Cat DLC is the only official content that doesn't have the EnabledByDefault property defined in it's modinfo. In which case I believe it defaults to False and so technically shouldn't ever be enabled automatically.
I've definitely had it re-enabled by at least 2 patches.

I've had Scout Cat enabled after some patches, but not all. It's cute, but I prefer the doggo. I just don't like seeing the barb scouts running around with tiny kitties.
It would be cool if it were unique to like Egyptian scouts. But yeah I agree about the barbarians having wolves and every other civ having dogs.

So is the music still bugged? I'm playing a game as Catherine, and I've been getting Scotland music for the entire game.

I'm playing on Mac and despite the patch being available, music cuts out after 90 seconds or so... re-installed game from scratch, no impact

Sure, but now it just stops and never resumes
Sorry, but iOS and Xbox for Windows (Game pass) versions still without the sound bug fix. FXS said they will release soon™

Their comment: "[...] Mac, and Xbox on Windows players can expect the update in the near future."

It wasn't included in a patch per se since you needed to link your 2K account to get it. But, it was available at the same time as GS when it launched in Feb. 2019. And, AFAIK it's never been enabled by default, so the only reason you'd need to manually disable it is if you had enabled it previously.

p.s. I like it and have it enabled all the time. 😏
Whenever a new game update comes out, it has a tendency to turn on certain mods and dlcs, this is also true whenever someone updates their mod, it tends to turn itself on. It's quite annoying, but minor inconvienence.

Sorry, but iOS and Xbox for Windows (Game pass) versions still without the sound bug fix. FXS said they will release soon™

Their comment: "[...] Mac, and Xbox on Windows players can expect the update in the near future."
Thank you for pointing that out

Top Bottom