[LP] April 2023 Update - Patch Notes Discussion (Music Bug Fixed)

I don't think so.
I don't think so.
So nothing like this:
For me it seems that the music plays out in full and won't stop now when another track starts playing; and the music is already playing before you even settle a city.

For example, I restarted a Norwegain game where Fairytail girl (I'm sorry, but this is the most irritating song in the game) was still playing when DOM for Victoria started playing with the main theme also playing. And then once the game finished loading and I could select "Begin game" some other ambient Norweigan music had started playing whilst Sogno Di Volare was still playing.
I tried restarting again, and got Sejong. I had some Korean Drums playing; hit restart and they continued playing through Sogno Di Volare and the DOM intro for Victoria again. Now I'm in the game as Victoria and I have both Ancient Scarbourugh Fair and Airang playing over each other.
?

Updated the OP with the following additional info and links:

Hey, Civ fans!

Civilization VI: Leader Pass is officially complete, and with it, we’re releasing a new update today for the PC version of Civilization VI. This small update resolves an issue where background music can stop during gameplay. iOS, Mac, and Xbox on Windows players can expect the update in the near future.

Everyone on PC should have received a 1.94 MB download.
Game version remains unchanged - 1.0.12.43

What is Xbox on windows?
PC version of Civ6 but on Xbox Live (Microsoft Store) instead of Steam/Epic.

This make me think that they will update the console versions when, or if, they release a final patch, but I'm also delusional so...

Sigh. Fixed the music, great. But my builder still cannot move two tiles over water instead of making a completely unnecessary detour over an adjacent land spot.
(I know I have to move builders only one tile at a time as a workaround, but they could have fixed the pathfinding issue a long time ago.)

Music working normally here. I have no experienced noticeable overlaps or pauses, so everything ok, I guess (altough I won't mind an option for ambient sound only and music limited to diplomacy screens, for these days you're not in the mood to think your district placement while hearing Hungary's boombastic track :rolleyes: )

I am now getting multiple themes of music playing at once. Currently listening to both China's & the Inca's ambient themes, and China isn't even in my game.

How do you keep introducing new bugs with every patch? How are you not catching these problems? The staff deserve to be criticized for these poor releases.

PC version of Civ6 but on Xbox Live (Microsoft Store) instead of Steam/Epic.

This make me think that they will update the console versions when, or if, they release a final patch, but I'm also delusional so...

Am I to understand that it's possible to play the PC version from an Xbox console?

Playing Victoria Age Of Steam and music seems to play less than before. Just starting out but music doesn't play for more than 1-2 minutes or so

*EDIT* - I tried re-installing, no luck. Playing on MacOS - leader doesn't seem to matter

Last edited:
No, the console version is not the same as on PC (naturally).

But that's not the question I asked.

I was asking if it's somehow possible to access the PC version from an Xbox console via a gaming service like Xbox Games Pass Ultimate.

There are PC games like Crusader Kings that never got an Xbox release that can be played on console via some of Microsoft's services.

I was asking if it's somehow possible to access the PC version from an Xbox console via a gaming service like Xbox Games Pass Ultimate.

There are PC games like Crusader Kings that never got an Xbox release that can be played on console via some of Microsoft's services.
No, its the other way around. You use your pc to play the console version.

Useful in some situations, like when moving around you can use your controller and phone to play.
I personally use to get simultaneous turns on couch multiplayer. One person uses the tv and console while the other uses a laptop with cloud gaming. The laptop (or any other screen) can be low power.

Unfortunately you have to deal with the AI who is so broke that they can't support an army and who doesn't build anything other than science districts.

Unfortunately not via Xbox console, but I'm not sure if you use xCloud on Android or iOS which version will be available (the og or the port) 🤔

I'm assuming one of these patches enabled the stupid scout cat. I have to remember to turn this off.

Does anyone like this stupid scout cat? I admit, I'm not a cat person.

I don't know which patch enabled the stupid thing, but it's annoying.

I'm assuming one of these patches enabled the stupid scout cat. I have to remember to turn this off.

Does anyone like this stupid scout cat? I admit, I'm not a cat person.

I don't know which patch enabled the stupid thing, but it's annoying.

It wasn't included in a patch per se since you needed to link your 2K account to get it. But, it was available at the same time as GS when it launched in Feb. 2019. And, AFAIK it's never been enabled by default, so the only reason you'd need to manually disable it is if you had enabled it previously.

p.s. I like it and have it enabled all the time. 😏

Top Bottom