Mercurian Semi-cheat? help

Well just to get used to FfH im playing on low dificulties, but will have to amp it up. On Warlord its too easy! Even Orthus and Mokka couldnt make Warlord hard!
Well im to hooked on this Murcrian summon to stop now...

@Scutarii. only one of my Lurchip cities is in range of the Barbs. I killed the Clan of Embers and dominate most of the avaliable land on my continant, the only reason i dont control it all is im saving room for the Angels.

Thus my only recourse is to have the Lurchip go to war against the Svarts, Malakim, and Illians.

Ps. Will my stooge giants (Nilhorn Pact) be able to fight the Angels? They have Hidden Nationality. And will they become Angels? The Lurchip are following FoL.

Will my stooge giants (Nilhorn Pact) be able to fight the Angels? They have Hidden Nationality.
No. Your hidden nationality units cannot fight your own units or the units of your allies. An alliance is a permanent merging of the fates of two (or sometimes three) civilizations. Hurting your ally, if you can find a way to do it, is the same as hurting yourself. Think of your ally's cities and units as your cities and units, just managed by an AI governor who takes care of the maintenance costs himself.

And will they become Angels? The Lurchip are following FoL.
It doesn't matter what religion a unit's owner follows. Which side a unit joins when it dies depends on the religion of the unit itself. Most units do not follow a religion; those that do will state the religion they follow in the unit's description (lower-left of screen) when you select them. Units that follow Order, Empyrean, or RoK will join the Mercurians (if they are in the game) as Angels. Units that follow AV, OO, or CoE will join the Infernals (if they are in the game) as Manes. Units that follow FoL will not join either side.

-------------

If you want to "transfer production" to the Mercurians then a good way to do that is to build lots of Order/Empyrean/RoK disciple units with your starting civ. You can build them (and keep them alive) when you control your starting civ, and then when you switch to the Mercurians your former civ will use (and lose) them in combat. Those units will become Angels when they die, and you will have effectively transferred those units to yourself.

A related comment, based on the original post:

In a co-op multiplayer game, you can gift all your non-capitol cities to your friend, who can gift them back to you as Basium. Re-locate your original capitol to some wimpy out of the way city, and your original civ, now controlled by the AI, becomes nothing more than a source of free palace mana.

Finaly shifted! Going great, cant follow AV, so i cant summon the infernals. Oh well. Any tips as to getting Angels to lvl. 4/6? there are no barbs around and im fighting the Svarts, Lurchip and Malakim are my allies.

Finaly shifted! Going great, cant follow AV, so i cant summon the infernals. Oh well. Any tips as to getting Angels to lvl. 4/6? there are no barbs around and im fighting the Svarts, Lurchip and Malakim are my allies.

I always found it easier to get my living units to higher levels and then sending them on increasingly difficult assaults until they died and became angels. Beyond that, spells to soften up your targets are the best bet, with maelstrom (be careful of the radius) or fireballs popular choices. Chalid's pillar of fire (if you're Empyrean) or Zealots' tsunamis (if you are or ever have been Octopus Overlords) are other options. If there are swaths of the world uninhabited, you could always load the angels on boats and go barb hunting that way.

Have fun!

The easiet way to get angels with plenty of experience is to build disciple units of the three religions that give angels (RoK, Order and Empyrean). Stonewardens, Confessors and Vicars all gain exp slowly even when not fighting and with the support of catapults or mages can kill quite tough opponents to gain experience fast. Some of my stonwardens (RoK was first religion) have 26 exp and many confessors (Order is current religion) have 16 exp, others have been upgrade to paladins with several victories and quite a few are already high level angels and promoted to Angel of Death and Ophanim.

I have the shrines of RoK and Empyrean so spreading those religions is valuable and using confessors to make Order temples gives a 75% chance of a free crusader (although these have zero starting exp). My whole game is being driven by religious troops and angels. The next major objective is to take out the Bannor as they have the Order shrine, it should be a huge battle although hopefully any angles lost will be replaced from his and my forces.

Low level angels can be levelled up by picking the combat opportunities carefully. I use mages and adepts to give them starting buffs and catapults to soften up tough targets. With frigates I can move catapults down the coastline quickly and drop them off next to a city while the stacks of angels move along the opponents roads using the raider ability.

I just discovered you can sometimes promote units in teamed (Mercurian, namely) city to those you can't normally get. For example, I'm neutral and can't build or promote paladins, but I can promote a warrior (or swordsman, or missionary) in Mercurian city to a paladin.

that would be a bug. One can play shenanigans with the summons, which is why I often play with Compact Enforced (no Mercurians or Infernal).

It seems it's possible only when they have good religion. My pet Mercies like to switch religions around, and as soon they switched to FoL I can't promote to Pals in their cities.

Top Bottom