Metropol*ytheism - A Kuriotate Story

Yea, maybe removing the non-evil restriction of the Altar might be just as effective. :D
But i didn't talk about modding FFH2 since far from everyone does so...

@ Valkrionn: What Niveras & rusty217 said.

Ah, I was under the impression that it was only Order that he couldn't convert to.

Hyborem's -100 weightings towards all religions but AV make it impossible for him to adopt them. You can easily change these weightings (I usually remove them for the other evil religions), but the +100 weighting towards a religion present in every city would make the AI never choose anything but AV never happen.

Back if Fire he could adopt other religions. I really liked forcing Hyborem adopt RoK and Basium adopt AV when I made a peace treaty with them.

[Goes back and re-reads patch B in the Bug Thread] Ah, I misread the patch log and thought getting disciple units before the religion was founded was explicitly a bug. As it is a design decision, I will stop shunning it and see how it affects gameplay.

The bug part is when you're agnostic and found a religion. . .

Wow, I love how Eurabates is sorta sharing the same body with the boy-king. Nice! I like it. Very refreshing and new take on the boy-king. In fact, it makes sense, man. Good read! :)

No, that's actually how it is in the Lore... Cardith Lorda is possessed by Eurobatres

I know, but I never really thought bout it bein like that. Ya know, so real. It was always jus kinda, "Huh, cool, a dragon-boy. Sounds dark fantasy nough to me." Ya know?

This paints a more vivid picture of it.

Or you can worldbuilder that altar in. I just said Hyborem because everybody knows him. In reality I was playing Scions of Patria. They are fallow too. (undead don't eat, duh) One possible thing is to use the broader alignments from Fall Further though. Although as far as I can see, most actions seem to bring your alignment down, not up. Spamming the entire world full of cities and building an useless infirmary in each for that +1 boost is not really a viable option unless you can somehow fit and pay for 700 cities?

But as for my Scion capital: 250 priests and nothing else? 150+ levels of future tech, 10 of life mana that gives 3 happiness each and 10 enchantment mana for 2 happiness each will, with miscellaneous other things makes it possible. As far as I know they cannot build tower of complacency, for obvious reasons. Now that I think of it ... unyielding order :drool:.

Scions mainly build 'reborn' for bringing up their cities so I was not exactly fair and removed their national limit and worldbuildered in a warrens in each city (1 of 4) that could build them. My population score was ridiculous.

The thing with the Somnium and stasis reminded me of an episode of Star Trek. :D

I was thinking of Groundhog Day when I wrote it. I am not familiar with a similar Star Trek episode; are we talking the original, The Next Generation, DS9 or Voyager?

Anyway, Stasis struck during a very boring part of the game. I had just decided to start building up to invade the elves (no army to speak of yet) so the only unit that had anything to do was my sole worker (who built a LOT of roads). I looked about and realized the only meaningful thing I could do other than road laying was play Somnium with the three other rules I was aware of (Rhoanna, Arturus and Arendal). Hence the card game story.

Wow, I love how Eurabates is sorta sharing the same body with the boy-king. Nice! I like it. Very refreshing and new take on the boy-king. In fact, it makes sense, man. Good read! :)

Again, Eurabrates is the sole reason the Kuriotate civilization is anything other than a random goody-hut on the map. Since she and Cardith are sharing the same body they always think of their actions in the 1st person plural (I didn't think they would talk like that to others because once word gets around that you have a gold dragon in your head, a bunch of casters full of bad ideas will probably want to try and EXTRACT IT).

It's also a fun game to think about what quirks a child-dragon gestalt would exhibit. Make the draconic stuff a puberty metaphor for the child and make the dragon need an extravagant bed chamber instead of a pile of gold to sleep on and you have instant, topical comedy. Just try to stay out of Pern territory while you do it; Menolly was pretty obnoxious and even Jaxom had his wangst moments.

Finally, I wanted to come up with an explanation for why the Kuriotates had such a harsh limit to the number of major cities they could have. Making that an extension of the dragon's physiology seemed like as good a source of applied phlebotinum as any. This does undermine my previous remark about the Grigori being Tau-like; a pheromone supported society usurps an agnostic, humanist brotherhood for the tau-trophy any day.

And extra points of the Led Zeppelin rock-off.

Excellent! Now I am only sixteen points shy from being able to purchase a ticket to the official Led Zeppelin Roller Coaster. But honestly, doesn't the Altar of Lunnator make sense as a literal stairway to Heaven? Granted an escalator would be more convenient but this is a dark fantasy so you have to climb for your salvation in Erebus. Plus, the Immigrant Song fits the Illians (and the Doviello, now that I think on it) too nicely to pass up.

I cant wait when you take your hands on the Balseprath :D

Well, I think Eurabrates was a she, then made out to be a he, then made unclear.

Dragons are the opposite gender of their God, so...

I believe you, Tyrs, but where is that in the lore? I'm curious.

Yes I think (I can't remeber if their is any actual support) that that also holds true for Archangels.

The only case we know of where an Archangel had a different gender his/her god(dess) is Gyra, and her twin Basium was of the same gender as Arawn.

I think that I was the one who introduced the idea that Dragons had the opposite gender as their god, but I was wrong. That was when I thought Amathaon was female, and knew that Eurabatres was male. I believe that Acheron is also male while his goddesses is female, and that Drifa is famale while Mulcarn is Male. I think that Abasi has been refered to as female though, the same gender as Ceridwen.

Of course, we don't have any evidence that Dragons can reproduce, so they may lack true gender. I prefer to think that gender is purely a physical matter so that no angel has gender (although they could take on a physical body with gender if they like, and may associate a little more with one sex; that is how it is Tolkiens work and most christian views), but that is not supported by FfH Lore at all.

Okay, so dragons may have a gender, but it is probable just a personallity thing.

Top Bottom