Mexico (Modular)

how do I make this work?

Look at my signature for My Production and go there and look for the Vampire civ, then go to post # 10 it explains how to make them work, then if you still cant figure it out, just write again thx, and thx for trying this out!!

I...still can't figure it out!
Where do I pause the game or exit it or how? please

I think this could certainly use an upgrade. Consider Ekmek made an awesome Santa Anna and Bernie14 made a bunch of Mexican units.

Hey! I figured it out! but there's another problem. When selecting my CIV I pick mexican empire and suddenly I'm in my desktop. The game shuts down itself. What's the problem? or better yet, what's the solution! T_T

Hey! I figured it out! but there's another problem. When selecting my CIV I pick mexican empire and suddenly I'm in my desktop. The game shuts down itself. What's the problem? or better yet, what's the solution! T_T

Should not be any problems cause no dll.

Make sure you have it in Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations/Mexico

Looking forward to try this Mod. Having some issues getting it to work. This is what I've done:

1) Downloaded the "Mexico.rar" file into my laptop
2) Unzip the file and extracted them to newly created:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Mexico\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations
3) Started the Civ4 and stopped it before the settler was found (just like you mentioned in your Vampire civ forum).

Results:
1) I don't see a new file created in "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Mexico\Assets\" or "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets"
2) Civ4 does not display the "Mexico Empire" when you choose to create a new game.

Can you point out what I did wrong? Thanks and keep up the good (and cool) work!

Looking forward to try this Mod. Having some issues getting it to work. This is what I've done:

1) Downloaded the "Mexico.rar" file into my laptop
2) Unzip the file and extracted them to newly created:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Mexico\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations
3) Started the Civ4 and stopped it before the settler was found (just like you mentioned in your Vampire civ forum).

Results:
1) I don't see a new file created in "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Mexico\Assets\" or "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets"
2) Civ4 does not display the "Mexico Empire" when you choose to create a new game.

Can you point out what I did wrong? Thanks and keep up the good (and cool) work!

It should be the only file that has a wheel looking thing in it, thats called a "Configuration Setting" thats if your looking to change the 0 to a 1.

I think this could certainly use an upgrade. Consider Ekmek made an awesome Santa Anna and Bernie14 made a bunch of Mexican units.

NOw I improved Santa Anna and made Juarez. Capo are you using the bernie units. MAybe we should take your mexico and make it a separate download :dunno:

NOw I improved Santa Anna and made Juarez. Capo are you using the bernie units. MAybe we should take your mexico and make it a separate download :dunno:

Well, part of the reason I make those modules is a ploy to get more DLs for the main mod. So that, most likely, won't occur. :goodjob:

Well, part of the reason I make those modules is a ploy to get more DLs for the main mod. So that, most likely, won't occur. :goodjob:

I do the same thing, i put alot more into the mod, then the modular stuff.

I do the same thing, i put alot more into the mod, then the modular stuff.

Well, what I meant was that I put out high-quality modules to get more people to download my mod.

And BTW, I don't think Ekmek asked me about upgrading my module here because he was really asking me to make my module accessible to the normal game, It hink he asked me that here becuase he was really asking YOU to upgrade this module.

Well, what I meant was that I put out high-quality modules to get more people to download my mod.

And BTW, I don't think Ekmek asked me about upgrading my module here because he was really asking me to make my module accessible to the normal game, It hink he asked me that here becuase he was really asking YOU to upgrade this module.

OK so where's your Mexican stuff AT?:confused:

Well, here's what I use in my Mexico module, these units are arranged by era.

Classical - I use Modfreak's ancient Aztec set.

Medieval - I use the medieval-era units from danrell's Spanish Units Set.

Industrial - I use Bernie's Industrial Mexicans for the Industrial era, now it is missing a Grenadier, Cavalry, and Rifleman but I have enclosed those in the upload.

Modern - I have placed all of the modern uploads in the same attachment, except for tanks and stuff, that's up to you.

Also in the pack is the Mexican Cavalry (which I use as the Villista UU, replaces Cavalry), a Mexican Warlord, a civ-style (i.e. bi-color) button and flag for Mexico along with some different color combinations you can use, and a Grenadier. Also the modern units I mentioned previously.

Now between these units, and Ekmek's LHs, you really have no reason not to upgrade this. And the reason I don't use Bakuel's great Aztec units for the ancient set is because I use them for the Aztecs.

:goodjob:

P.S. AFAIK all of the units I have enclosed use vanilla animations. The buttons are included in the file, I just put previews of them there because I think they look cool.

Yeah, i did thx, but been real busy lately, wont get to them till maybe next week sorry.:blush:

Sorry, I don't want to leave you hanging here. So you are saying you DID download the files I posted, but just haven't had time to update the mod right?

I'd just like to remove the attachment that's all.

Hi! I love your Module!! :D, I think Charreada (stable) its a great unique building specially for war :cool: but I was wondering... What do you think about the Zócalo (market)? maybe its more for Buildier-Cultural-Type leaders, but there are Zócalos in almost every City (or Small towns) in Mexico. These are the main symbols of those places, and many historical, cultural and social events take place in there!, and could be interesting the effects in civilization! i have some ideas (If you think its an overpowered building you can modify some aspects):

1.- +1 :health: from Corn (Corn its very important to Mexico not only because its use on the gastronomy, also its the principal crop in the economy of mexico, for use and commerce)

2.- +1 :) from Hit Singles (Zócalos are used also for cultural events like concerts) plus the normal :) from Silk, Fur, Ivory and Whales

3.- +2 :culture: (As I said, are the main symbols of those places, and many historical, cultural and social events take place there!)

4.- +1 Artist and +1 Merchant (instead of 2 Merchants hehe not many :gold: bonuses :sad: )

5.-Requires Temple (Religion has been always an important part of Mexican culture, besides, All Zócalo Have a Temple! :mischief:)

6.- More :hammers: cost

As you see only if the civ reaches Corn and Hit Singles it get the 100% of the effects.
So what do you think? For me Zócalo its more like a Market than a Colosseum (many shops are around them, are the center of the cities).

With Zócalo I can't see why we could give a -X% :mad: War, instead we can say that with some events (hit singles) they distract people :lol:

And I have to say... Mexico have never been Warmonger! ;)

It would be awesome if other civfanatics members comment about it! :goodjob:

Top Bottom