• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Mexico (Modular)

Does it go to BTS or just to the regular Civ4 mod folder? Oh and do u think u can tell me wat to do from pressing the download button to playing in quick simple terms? Sorry to keep bothering you :( i just hav no experience in this and hav no idea what to do :cry: i really do want to play this badly i just need help doing so.

Does it go to BTS or just to the regular Civ4 mod folder? Oh and do u think u can tell me wat to do from pressing the download button to playing in quick simple terms? Sorry to keep bothering you :( i just hav no experience in this and hav no idea what to do :cry: i really do want to play this badly i just need help doing so.

With the folders of Copy Civ all you have to do is:

1. Copy Civ is the mod name, period. (You can change it to what ever you want.
2. Download any module that is for Custom Civilizations on CFC.
3. Place the modules in the Custom Civilizations FOLDER.
4. Start a game, then go to Advanced, look for Copy Civ (or again what ever you name it) select it, and pick the civ you want and PLAY.;)

5. NEVER ever put anything in the original files or have them replaced, except by Firaxis itself.

hahaha its ok man ya and then bada bing bada bang bada boom done right?

And do i have to create a assets, modules, and custom civ folder?

And do i have to create a assets, modules, and custom civ folder?

Again with that CopyCiv folder you need nothing else, just the civs you want to play added, PERIOD.:p

haha ok thanks for everything man, you have been a great help indeed. Sorry i asked a lot of questions heh i am really new to this. I just discovered that you could mod civ4 like a month or so ago :p

Ok sorry to bother again but the Copy Civ was supposed to hav folders right? Well when i unrared it there was only a Config. Settings and thats it. Is that right or no?

Yes! i have the folders, now i just have to place Mexico and or any other custom civ to the custom civs folder and then boom play?

Hey um the civ doesn't show up, but i don't know if it's because of the file in Copy Civ that's named Custom Units

Hey um the civ doesn't show up, but i don't know if it's because of the file in Copy Civ that's named Custom Units

Again its not custom units, it should be placed in Custom Civilizations.

Also make sure that the file Copy Civ (should be in the same area as Assets folder) is opened with notepad and this has to be changed from this:

# ; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 0

to this:

# ; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

Ya no i was just wondering y the custom units was there, i put the civ in the custom civ folder and unrared it. But the copy civ near the assets folder has the module loading already changed to 1, though there is another copy civ near the folder where you go to look at the assets folder. Should i change that 1?

ok well nuthing is showing up with this, i changed the module loading to 1 and nothing showed up this time.

OK, i am making this as simple as possible this time, i have the Mexico Civ all set-up there is nothing to do, but put the rar folder (Copy Civ) in the mods folder the same area as AfterWorld/RTW etc, and make sure you delete the old Copy Civ first.

http://www.filefront.com/17255878/Copy-Civ.rar/

Hm strategy, i don't think it's the mod that's not working, i think it's or my game or computer. I will be getting a more up to date and new laptop soon so i'll try it then, or i'll buy a new Civ 4 BTS, right now i hav the Civ4 Complete Collection

My game has been a bit screwy even before i introduced any mods, its either my old computer( which btw is really old) or my game

Top Bottom