Middle-earth: Lord of the Mods

Did you add the scenario search folder path?
Whoops! I think that element was not included in the instructions I posted in the Maps forum, which WeaselOp quoted in the beginning of this thread. :blush:

Point 5) of the instructions should read, then:
Select "Rules" and "Players/Scenario Data"from the options presented to you next (you don't want Map info or Player Data info imported to your map, unless the mod/scenario has custom player information -- I don't think LotM does).

This is a VERY good mod. I love it, keep up the good work!;)

Unit update:

fully animated just needs to be rendered

fully animated just needs to be rendered

i need a shield (waiting on Bjorno to make some) and I need to find out how to make a chain mail shirt

same as the one above

im also gonna make a Mordor Uruk Hai Halbredier and a infantry version which is gonna be hard since i dont have any kind of armor

To make a chain mail shirt, just apply a chain mail texture (easily found via Google) to Kinboat's shirt figure.

Be careful with those loincloths - both front and back cloths should be pointing downwards in each pose, unless they're swinging about because the character is moving rapidly. If the character is standing in that half-crouch, the front cloth needs to be morphed so it is thinner, so that it will hang down between his legs. Run the animations from a side view to check that the cloths always point vertically down, or it will look a bit odd.

I didn't get any .biq files when I downloaded. probably a corruption on my end, should I just re-dl?

Probably you should, cuz I didn't have a problem with them....

bigdog, those are looking great! can't wait to see the finished products :D

joeskip, have you extracted the RAR archive? It contains the mod folder and a set of .biq files.

Thanks to embryodead, I figured out how to get the quick start scenarios to work the way they were intended. The only drawback is that you must play with all 15 civs, so they may not be good for tiny or small maps. I'll finish setting those up and upload them in a day or two.

yeah I extracted it ok, but the only thing in the LotM folder is the art files. I'm pretty sure its a problem on my end because the entire file size is about half as big as it said it would be when dl-ing. I'll just retry. thanks weasel op

Aw man!...now I have to decide between playing the EFZI2 remake, The LoTM prestarts Ive been waiting for, and doing X-mas stuffs...why are you doing this to me???

thanks for the extra efforts during the holidays guys...seriously :hatsoff:

Great job guys. You coulda wrapped this one.

Redwall Try again. I just successfully d'lded for the second time.

I have a question, how do you get Orthanc?

I have a question, how do you get Orthanc?
Playing as Isengard (obviously), you should have the ability to build a Small Wonder called "Orthanc Fortification" (or something like that) from the get-go (it should be available with Isengard's starting techs). Once complete, this SW should spawn one or two Orthanc super-units before it obsolesces.

Not much feedback lately, am I to assume the mod is perfectly tweaked and balanced? ;)

I just finally downloaded the mod and started playing last night, as Saruman, on Yoda Power's map. So far so good. No problems installing, no glitches so far in-game. I can see there are a few tweaks graphically, as talked about on the first post but over all it's pretty impressive. I like that a wonder spawns the settlers though given congestion on the map at the end of the First Age I can see where settlers might start accumulating in the capital.

Gondor declared war on me as did Angmar but neither war amounted to anything. Given the map's scale things would be quite different if Rohan was in my game...not much space between me and Gondor as it is. I'll have to try a random map as well.

I like the resources - taters, mushrooms, conies, etc. Nice touch.

I seem to be accumulating lots of gold, even before instituting Wizard's Rule and have no problem supporting a rather large army, which seems to be the intent.

If I had one complaint I think it would be the mines, which tend to overwhelm the square they're in.

Top Bottom